514 replies to this topic

#461 CDC-SRW

CDC-SRW
  • Site Supporter
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:38 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tracey lynn 

Which photographer did you choose? I have been looking at other photographers today, the difference in quality is amazing! Pretty positive we are going with Samuel Luna. His  pictures look fabulous and he is surprisingly affordable. Thanks for your input, it helped me realized what I booked through the hotel isn't what I really want.

We made the trip down for the Brides Dress Rehearsal in March. Looking at the photographers that they offered, we were really unimpressed. We did some research and really loved the work that PlayaWeddings has done and chose them. You wil be hit wih the outside vendor fee, but PlayaWeddings discounted the package we chose to help offset that charge.

Photos and Video was the one area I did not want to go cheap. With many people not being able to go to Mexico and be there, I wanted the photos and video to be top notch.

Take a look at PlayaWeddings, I don't think you will be disappointed.

#462 tmcdonald

tmcdonald
    • 55 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 7, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Cancun, Mexico
    • LocationAzul Beach

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

Which photographer did you choose? I have been looking at other photographers today, the difference in quality is amazing! Pretty positive we are going with Samuel Luna. His  pictures look fabulous and he is surprisingly affordable. Thanks for your input, it helped me realized what I booked through the hotel isn't what I really want.

#463 tmcdonald

tmcdonald
    • 55 posts
    • LocationAzul Beach

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

I did like S. Luna as well. We ended up going wity Claudia Rodriguez. My fiance liked her work.

#464 tmcdonald

tmcdonald
    • 55 posts
    • LocationAzul Beach

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

I did like S. Luna as well. We ended up going with Claudia Rodriguez. My fiance liked her work.

#465 tracey lynn

tracey lynn
    • 11 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

thanks all for your input. Another quick question: We are looking to book a snorkeling trip, and also a trip to either Chichen Itza or Tulum Ruins. Any suggestions on tour places to go through? The hotel provided us with Lomas Travel info, but wondering if anyone else had some suggestions of who they used? thanks

#466 asposeep

asposeep
      • 31 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

Quote:

thanks all for your input. Another quick question: We are looking to book a snorkeling trip, and also a trip to either Chichen Itza or Tulum Ruins. Any suggestions on tour places to go through? The hotel provided us with Lomas Travel info, but wondering if anyone else had some suggestions of who they used? thanks

We used Samba Catamarans...they did an amazing job and took us snorkeling in Isla Mujeres where the water was amazing.  The boat was gorgeous and our guests had the best time--I would HIGHLY recommend them--their prices were the most reasonable I could find on top of it.  PM me if you want more info...I have a video they sent me after the trip I'd be happy to share!

#467 lperraton

lperraton
        • 6 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

Hello past brides of Azul. Thank you for all the tips and input it is much appreciated as I am flying blind here never having been to the hotel. I am looking at June 8th for a wedding date as that seems the only time I can get all my family and friends together without conflict. My big concern is the weather!!!! Is there anyone who has gotten married around this date?????

#468 lperraton

lperraton
          • 6 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:21 PM

Hi Brides of Azul Beach!

Thank you to all of you for the advice it has been invaluable in choosing my location.  Unfortunately the only time I can get my friends and family in one place is during the start of hurricane season!!!! We are looking at the start of June for our wedding and I am hoping maybe there are some previous brides that have gotten married at this time that could share their experiences????  Would love any feedback.  Thank you so much!!

#469 AllieH

AllieH
            • Resort/Area Ambassadors
            • 2,014 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
            • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
            • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

hi there! you should be ok in early June - the hurricanes usually don't kick in until later in the season (August typically...). it CAN happen in June, just not as likely.

we had planned ours for early November, thinking we'd be out of the main hurricane season. and Mexico was fine, we just hadn't thought about a hurricane impacting the northeast US, where many of our guests were coming from. so it's always something!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lperraton 

Hi Brides of Azul Beach!

Thank you to all of you for the advice it has been invaluable in choosing my location.  Unfortunately the only time I can get my friends and family in one place is during the start of hurricane season!!!! We are looking at the start of June for our wedding and I am hoping maybe there are some previous brides that have gotten married at this time that could share their experiences????  Would love any feedback.  Thank you so much!!

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#470 AllieH

AllieH
            • Resort/Area Ambassadors
            • 2,014 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
            • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
            • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:02 PM

we are using Samba when we go down to RM later this month - can't wait!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by asposeep 

Quote:

We used Samba Catamarans...they did an amazing job and took us snorkeling in Isla Mujeres where the water was amazing.  The boat was gorgeous and our guests had the best time--I would HIGHLY recommend them--their prices were the most reasonable I could find on top of it.  PM me if you want more info...I have a video they sent me after the trip I'd be happy to share!

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users