Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Yay! Azul Beach has it's own thread! so excited. Our wedding is April 7, 2012. Now that the hotel and date are set. Next is going to be dj and photographer. Those book quick! Any advice I would take ladies. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My daughter is getting married at Azul Beach on May 28th and she picked Samuel Luna Photography (he split the outside vendor fee with her and he offers an extra session included in his price.  She also hired Paul at Playa Weddings for her videography.  Can't wait for May!  Congrats to you.....you picked a fabulous resort!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Mandi! We choose the Pearl package the other packages had things more for a legal wedding and my fiancé and I are only doing symbolic ceremony. We will be getting married in NY before we leave. I believe you can't change things in the packages. So I didn't want to pay extra for things I don't necessarily need. Check out the lomas travel website. They have a section for weddings and that's where you pick things out. I wish they'd give us the name of the vendors. They do for photographers but not for dj, florist,or makeup. I have Grace as my wc and I'm sure I'll be asking her a whole bunch of questions. For those of you who booked already what type of rooms did you block for your guests?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Melissa (and other Azul brides)! I am so glad that you've decided to make a post for us. I am getting married at the Azul Beach Resort on December 17, 2011. My fiance and I live in Colorado- I live downtown and he lives in Louisville (incase anyone else is local).

 

So far, I have made two style boards that I am hoping to use to design the wedding/weekend (see below).

 

http://www.dessy.com/shareboard/?id=47556

http://www.dessy.com/shareboard/?id=47561

 

We almost have our STD's done, and I am now trying to finish my website. I have chosen to use dessy.com- have any of use finished your websites yet?

I am excited to look into a cigar roller, the donkey bar, and maybe some excursions (I was told that we should use loma travel for excursions).

 

I really wanted to incorporate a lot of local flowers, but thus far, I have heard that going to a market for flowers is off limits :( but I still want to try to go as local as possible for flowers.

 

Are any of you going to be going to visit first? I hear that we can get a 30% discount.

 

I would love it if we shared our ideas/tips/info with each other. Tonight, I am going to work on coming up with some fun Spanish phrases to post to my ¿Habla Español? section of my website.

 

Tata!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very excited to have our own Azul Beach thread!  I'm getting married there on July 30, 2011.  Although I'm taking a (very) low-key approach to planning, I love hearing what everyone is doing, because it gets the ideas flowing.

 

I went with weddingwindow.com.  They charge about $75 for a 12 month site.  You can pay more to customize the domain name.  I don't want to share it publicly, but let me know if you would like me to PM it to you.

 

Does anyone know what the dress code is?  The resort website says  "To enhance your dinning experience, our restaurants dress code is strictly enforced for dinner. No T-shirts, tank-tops, shorts, bermudas, tennis shoes or beach sandals."  Is that *really* strictly enforced?  My FI's friends will not be pleased (not to speak of my FI...).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am getting married at Azul Beach on October 22, 2011!  I am very excited, but have run into quite a few bumps along the way.  I had read on the website it was a one wedding a day resort, and then after I had booked and put a deposit, I was told there was another wedding looking for the same day and time as mine hissyfit.gif!  I didn't really get to choose the time, so they put me at 4pm and her at 6pm?? I was very angry and stressed since I want a sunset ceramony, so they switched mine to 6pm and said the other bride hadn't booked yet?!  Why in the world, would they stress me out, when there was no confirmation yet!  Ugh!  I am a bit worried, but I know if I stay on top of the plans, this day I've been waiting 10 years and 2 kids for, will be as perfect as we are together love.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Hi Everyone,

We just out our Save the Dates!!

I am getting married at Azul Beach on December 17, 2011. I was having a hard time deciding how to "market" our wedding to our guests, because I know that some will feel bad that they can't afford Mexico. We decided to do it like a "Choose your own adventure" (Like the old books), with two choices; one- the wedding in Mexico and two; the at-home reception. I Love how it turned out! It is pretty goofy and fun, like our personalities, and it was fun coming up with the concept. I found Julie Knight on ETSY - she was AWESOME to work with- she is found at BTownBetty on Etsy.comSTD 004.JPG


STD's 004.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi!

 

So sorry for not responding sooner!  I have been super busy! We live in Wash Park...Very cool that you live in Colorado also! Have you picked out your dress yet? I got mine at Anne Be and went to over every dress store in Colorado to find the perfect one. It took me 6 months to find one! Have you been to Azul Beach Hotel before?  We did a site visit back in August and feel in love with the resort!

 

What decisons have you made so far?  Who is your photographer? Have you booked rooms yet?

 

Here is our wedding website. www.weddingwire.com/chrisandmel Have you completed yours yet?
 

Originally Posted by rawbbyn View Post

Hi Melissa (and other Azul brides)! I am so glad that you've decided to make a post for us. I am getting married at the Azul Beach Resort on December 17, 2011. My fiance and I live in Colorado- I live downtown and he lives in Louisville (incase anyone else is local).

 

So far, I have made two style boards that I am hoping to use to design the wedding/weekend (see below).

 

http://www.dessy.com/shareboard/?id=47556

http://www.dessy.com/shareboard/?id=47561

 

We almost have our STD's done, and I am now trying to finish my website. I have chosen to use dessy.com- have any of use finished your websites yet?

I am excited to look into a cigar roller, the donkey bar, and maybe some excursions (I was told that we should use loma travel for excursions).

 

I really wanted to incorporate a lot of local flowers, but thus far, I have heard that going to a market for flowers is off limits :( but I still want to try to go as local as possible for flowers.

 

Are any of you going to be going to visit first? I hear that we can get a 30% discount.

 

I would love it if we shared our ideas/tips/info with each other. Tonight, I am going to work on coming up with some fun Spanish phrases to post to my ¿Habla Español? section of my website.

 

Tata!



 Congrats on picking such a wonderful resort! I am so glad everything worked out for you!! How many people are you expecting? Also, they are building a sky terrace for weddings that should be ready for your wedding...Just wanted to tell you think just in case you did not want to get married on the beach.  We really wanted to get married on the sky terrace but it will not be ready for our wedding. 



Originally Posted by mnicole20 View Post

I am getting married at Azul Beach on October 22, 2011!  I am very excited, but have run into quite a few bumps along the way.  I had read on the website it was a one wedding a day resort, and then after I had booked and put a deposit, I was told there was another wedding looking for the same day and time as mine hissyfit.gif!  I didn't really get to choose the time, so they put me at 4pm and her at 6pm?? I was very angry and stressed since I want a sunset ceramony, so they switched mine to 6pm and said the other bride hadn't booked yet?!  Why in the world, would they stress me out, when there was no confirmation yet!  Ugh!  I am a bit worried, but I know if I stay on top of the plans, this day I've been waiting 10 years and 2 kids for, will be as perfect as we are together love.gif



 

Very cute Save the Dates! Congrats on your upcoming wedding! What have you planned so far?  There is so much great information on this website!!

Originally Posted by rawbbyn View Post

 Hi Everyone,

We just out our Save the Dates!!

I am getting married at Azul Beach on December 17, 2011. I was having a hard time deciding how to "market" our wedding to our guests, because I know that some will feel bad that they can't afford Mexico. We decided to do it like a "Choose your own adventure" (Like the old books), with two choices; one- the wedding in Mexico and two; the at-home reception. I Love how it turned out! It is pretty goofy and fun, like our personalities, and it was fun coming up with the concept. I found Julie Knight on ETSY - she was AWESOME to work with- she is found at BTownBetty on Etsy.comSTD 004.JPG


STD's 004.JPG



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×