Photo

Ticket prices for Punta Cana for mid April'11

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 milakd

milakd
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:50 AM

We booked our wedding on April 17, 2011 at Excellence, Punta Cana. Currently we are struggling with ticket prices. Apparently it is a peak time and cheap tickets are booked way in advance. Our guest are looking at 650-700$ /pp which is rather too much for Punta Cana. It is cheaper to go to Paris! Half of our guests are still waiting on drop in ticket price. Does anyone have any experience or knows if tickets will go down in price? Do they open more flights if flights get booked?

Thanks

Mila

#2 Miss Sunshyne

Miss Sunshyne
    • 222 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:05 AM

Have you tried getting a group rate? It's not much but airlines usually offer a 5% discount on travelers of 10 or more

11.12.2011 "Living for the Love of you" Paradisus Punta Cana

#3 milakd

milakd
      • 21 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:39 AM

We got the 5% discount from AA and United but it is not dignificant enough. We found a travel agency that gave us great prices when booking a hotel. It was cheaper than online and inclded return airport transfer. Also when booking through Orbitz.com you can enter "orbitzvacation" in coupon location to get additional $40 off. Coupons change all the time so you can go to google.com and enter in search menu "orbitz coupons" for latest available offers. Those are the best deals we found for our guests.

#4 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
        • Vendor
        • 2,782 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:40 PM

Tickets are usually cheaper starting around beginning of May. Though $700pp all inclussive with flight sounds like a VERY good deal to me.

Thing is, if you wait long, your hotel might book all those rooms and guests will have to stay elsewhere. It's not as fun for them. Plus you'll have to pay a day fee for them to come and see you and that fee ranges from app $100-250/day(depending on a hotel).

#5 milakd

milakd
          • 21 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:25 PM

Hi Dimitri,

Thank you for the information. I wish things were cheaper in mid April. Initially we did extensive research and typ. prices were a lot lower after 15 April lower. I was quoting 650/700pp per ticket- not including hotel accommodations. Our resort charges $80/pp/day.

Excellence Resort, Punta Cana - 49 guests (including bride and groom) and counting

#6 richarsd

richarsd
            • 331 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:24 PM

Prices may drop by $100 bucks or so for that time of year but not until a couple of weeks before...those prices/seats are usually very limited as the airline is just trying to fill up the plane at that point.

#7 MatronofHonor

MatronofHonor
              • 14 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:29 AM

I am a Bridal party member for a wedding in June and I just booked ours for ....a staggering $2600 for DH and I.  Flabbergasted! She is lucky I love her.  Prices are ridiculous.  My first time going to DR about 4 years ago,I paid $500, all inclusive and air.

#8 milakd

milakd
                • 21 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:58 AM

I recently found out that cheapest prices are Tuesday to Tuesday. Friends paid same amount for 7days Tuesday to Tuesday as others for 4-5 days Thursday to Tuesday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users