My fiance and I just got engaged a week ago and are leaning towards a Cabo wedding over a Hawaii wedding. We REALLY want a toes in the sand wedding, with chairs and an arch set up, (Which is why we are now leaning towards Cabo since from our understanding we cannot do that in Hawaii....)
If any of you experienced brides could please help me with information and answers to questions, I would appreciate it so so much!!!
1. We have family who are not too happy with a Cabo wedding because they think it will not be safe. Any advice?
2. Which resorts are the most affordable for sand in the toes weddings with a dinner reception following?
3. How did you keep costs low?
4. Can you bring party favors and decorations with you on the plane?
5. What did you do or spend money on that you wish you hadn't?
6. What do you wish you would have done differently?
7. Did you do any fun activities and were they worth it? Deep sea fishing, Zip line, Swim with dolphins, etc.
8. Do I need a wedding planner different than what the resort provides?
9. Who do you recommend for flowers, cake, photographer, music, entertainment, etc. (Or do you just use what the hotel provides in packages)
10. Which restaurants did you go to outside of the resort and how were they?
11. What was your at home reception/party like? How much money should be spent on that?
Any pictures you can share with me?!?! I am on facebook also if that is an easier way to communicate. I have only been to Cabo once. I stayed at the Playa Grande and loved it. That is when I knew I wanted to get married in Cabo I am super excited to start planning, I am just nervous because I have so many questions and I want to make sure that I can have my dream wedding on the beach without having to spend a fortune. We are avoiding a wedding here because we would have to invite SOOOO many people since our families are huge and we have lots of friends here. Does DW really cut the costs as much as I am thinking it will... or is that wishful thinking?!
Thanks for your help and advice in advance!!