Photo

Any Mathematicians out there??!!!..Please Help!!!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dreamgirl08

Dreamgirl08
  • 292 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:33 PM

Ok..so there's a reason why I hate Math....I suck!..lol Anyway, I'm trying to book a hall for my BFF's Bridal Shower. I hate to have to limit her to a total of 25 people. But I don't think I could afford anymore. I did the math but I think I did it wrong. I'm the worst at this someone please help me. I would love to do 40 people but I think that would be too much. Hmmmmm.....Again, someone please help me figure this out.

The Restaurant states on it's website the following along with the menu,

Banquet Luch Package

Served from 11 am to 3 pm

Package Includes
    Home made bread, unlimited soft drinks, coffee and tea.

$23.75 Per Person
    Please add 7% tax and 20% gratuity

For 25 people....???

For 35 People..???

THANK YOU SO..SO..MUCH IN ADVANCE IF YOU CAN HELP ME!!!!!! 

#2 jszy10

jszy10
    • 1,192 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:41 PM

Ok, working in the restaurant business from time to time may have helped me with this :o)  You have to multiply the tax and gratuity seperately because you cannot tax gratuity and you can't get gratuity from tax (if that makes ANY sense!?!)  Hope this helps!?  These are the numbers I came up with:

25 people -- $593.75 + 41.56 (tax) + 118.75 (gratuity) = $754.06

35 people -- 831.25 + 58.19 (tax) + 166.25 (gratuity) = $1055.69

I think it is AMAZING of you to host something like this and I think she will appreciate and understand whatever you can do!

#3 adales

adales
      • Site Supporter
      • 545 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:41 PM

I am not the best at math either but the total for 40 people is looking to be around $1200.

Do you have to do it at a hall?  My bridesmaids are throwing mine at one of their houses and I know it will be much cheaper than that. 

I have also thrown two bridal showers, both in my parents backyard and they turned out great plus it was more intimate.

Just a thought...  :)

#4 jszy10

jszy10
        • 1,192 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:48 PM

I definitely agree!  The idea of someones house or even a church hall would save you a bundle, and you could use all of the saved money on a nice cake and great food/desserts of your own choice!?

#5 Dreamgirl08

Dreamgirl08
          • 292 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:53 PM

OMG.....you guys are LIFE SAVORS...lol. THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!!!!

Well yes i hate that we have to book a hall. Unfortunetly, all bridesmaids including myself have small tiny places. so it looks like this has to be the way to go. But thank you guys so much!!! really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users