Photo

Honeymoon in Punta Cana

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 farlem311

farlem311
  • 219 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:12 AM

Ok where are you going for your honeymoon after the wedding?  I am getting married in Punta Cana and would like to have my honeymoon there but at a different resort.  Getting married at Dreams Punta Cana and would like an adults only place.  We were thinking about Excellence.

What about others out there?  Any ideas?  Where are you going for honeymoon?

#2 CDNCouple09

CDNCouple09
    • 39 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:46 PM

We are staying at the Adults section of the Majestic Elegance for our honeymoon week. I have heard really good things about it. I also had a friend honeymoon last year at the Gran Bahia and she said it was good as well.

[IMG]http://www.whenismywedding.com/signa...672f12f373.gif Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com[/IMG]

#3 luvbird

luvbird
      • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 05:25 AM

I'm honeymooning in Punta Cana in June (not a destination wedding).  I've been looking between Dreams PC or the Majestic Elegance.  Dreams has an awesome honeymoon package -eternity package , but I cannot find any kind of offer for the Majestic.  Anybody having better luck??

Also, the Excellence Punta Cana has a similar package as Dreams, but the cost is about $1000 more. 

#4 farlem311

farlem311
        • 219 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:22 AM

Dreams is great.  I am having my wedding there so unfortunately we would like to go to another location for the actual honeymoon.  We visited Dreams last May and LOVED it.  It was so relaxing and they had lots to do.  We are thinking about having our honeymoon at Excellence. 

#5 Oryx

Oryx
          • 727 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:43 AM

We're going to the Iberostar Grand Bavaro for our honeymoon.  It looks wonderful!

#6 Dmitri_Markine

Dmitri_Markine
            • Vendor
            • 2,782 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:35 AM

See if your hotel is in a network of hotels(eg Melia). This way you can just switch hotels whenever you want at no charge!

Cheers

#7 aahq45

aahq45
              • 179 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:20 PM

How was your honeymoon!?!?  I'm getting married at the Majestic Elegance and was looking at moving to the Iberostar Grand for our honeymoon?  Any advice would be great!  It was rated #1 on tripadvisor.com, so I figured it was pretty nice! :)

Originally Posted by Oryx 

We're going to the Iberostar Grand Bavaro for our honeymoon.  It looks wonderful!

#8 Oryx

Oryx
                • 727 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:14 PM

Yes, it was very nice... beautiful, but very small and quiet also.  We were exhausted from our wedding week and enjoyed the relaxing time, but if you like to go to the disco and party, this is not the place.  Almost all of the guests were couples, and many of them 50+. 

The restaurants were great and the beach was amazing.  They had a butler coming out quite often to serve drinks on the beach, and also a guy walking around with fresh, cold fruit!

If you want to just be into yourselves and relax on the beach, this place is great.  Very quiet and they pamper you like crazy.  Might be a nice break if you have a busy wedding week.

Also, you can visit the other Iberostar hotels next door if you get bored.  We had a nice time, but I don't think we'd ever go back -- not worth the money really.  I actually enjoyed the Majestic more.

Originally Posted by aahq45 

How was your honeymoon!?!?  I'm getting married at the Majestic Elegance and was looking at moving to the Iberostar Grand for our honeymoon?  Any advice would be great!  It was rated #1 on tripadvisor.com, so I figured it was pretty nice! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users