Photo

GRAND PALLADIUM BRIDES 2011........ Watch out for the fees!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#11 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
  • 610 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Chule0307 

Hello BeachBride11,

I also have hired an outside photographer and was wondering who you were using??? I think it is very nice of your photographer is staying there

Sungold.  Though I actually booked their associates, either way they are still booking their own stay! :)

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#12 dcairns

dcairns
    • 347 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:56 AM

i hired HDC photo, they are in Punta Cana and have rave reviews from other brides. I had to pay for a day pass for them though. 65$   I didn' use the one from the resort because they were same price for less and they don't give you the original raw photos on a disk they only give you the touched up ones.

#13 richarsd

richarsd
      • 331 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:46 PM

If you're expecting 60-80 people, it would be cheaper for you to privatize the restaurant for your reception! I don't understand what the $45 per person is for...the meal, I assume? Well, that would work out to almost $3000 whereas you can privatize the restaurant for a flat rate of $1000. This is just for the meal service though. If you want a reception afterwards with open bar, it is $12 extra per person...still that would be way cheaper than the $45 per person they're quoting you. Weird they didn't tell you that!

#14 tinasett13

tinasett13
        • 39 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:50 PM

the reception is so much i was thinking of having the reception at negril escape or catcha falling star.... thier pricing per head are so much better     looking at transpertation price now???   I dont know?   or maybe an extended cocktail hour no sit down dinner?

#15 1 Montego Bride

1 Montego Bride
          • 3 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 12:56 PM

My wedding is August 13,2011 at GP.  I was also disappointed to learn about the fees, especially since a friend married at GP in Punta Cana and it was much more reasonable.  I believe you can do parties over 30 at the buffet to avoid the $45 but I am not sure if there is a max number for that.

#16 JessicaP2012

JessicaP2012
            • 162 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 06:49 AM

I'm planning a wedding a the GPLH for May 2012 for about 20 people. We wanted to do our reception on the beach so I contacted the WC to see if this was available. Yesterday, the WC got back to me about having our reception on the beach, we will have to choose our meal from the buffet menu (which is not a problem), her quote per person was $50 to $90. Plus an extra $20 for every person over 8 (I'm assuming this is for the cake, and drinks?)  Does this seem right?

Attached Files

#17 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
              • 610 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:29 AM

The extra $20/pp is for the ceremony portion... it's to cover the extra setup, champagne, and larger cake.  I'm not sure about the range of price for the beach reception.  If you were to hold a private reception at the Blue Lagoon, it's $45/pp.  $50-$90 is a wide range though. LOL  She didn't break it down for you?

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

#18 JessicaP2012

JessicaP2012
                • 162 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 01:25 PM

Thanks BeachBridein2011!! 

I got a response from the Resort today with the buffet menus with a breakdown of costs. Not sure which one we are going to choose, too many options.

Are you doing a private reception? I'm having a hard time deciding on this

Which wedding package did you choose? This was also a tough decision for me as I liked most of them (I have decided with the Waves of Love Package but still like the Island Pearl)

Thanks again for your help :) I really appreciate it

#19 BeachBridein11

BeachBridein11
                  • 610 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:30 PM

We're having a private reception for 40 people at the Blue Lagoon.  We also went with the Wave of Love package!  I'm so excited!

If you don't mind, can you post the breakdown of cost for the beach reception?  I'm curious on the extra cost for that.

Thank you!

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

#20 JessicaP2012

JessicaP2012
                    • 162 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:17 PM

Was it an extra $300 for the blue lagoon? plus the $45 per person for dinner?

We are only have approximately 20 people attending so I don't think doing the blue lagoon is a great option for us.

The beach reception is buffet menu only. It consists of 3 buffet menus: Jamaican, Gala (3 options) and BBQ

Jamaican buffet - $50 per person

Gala Buffet - option 1 - $70 per person

- option 2 - $80 per person

- option 3 - $90 per person

BBQ Buffet - $60 per person

I don't know if alcohol is included, I have to inquire about this. I'm assuming it is but not sure.

I have the menus if you want me to post them or pm you.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users