Photo

Bedroom design help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JBean

JBean
  • 429 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:36 PM

So, I've gotten myself in a bit of a pickle. I need some decor expert to come to the rescue...

Fi and I bought this bedding set from Bed Bath & Beyond, and then we painted the room what we THOUGHT would be a very subtle, light blue. Well, it turned out more powder blue and it looks terrible. It's hard to tell in the picture, but it's really quite powder blue and does not go with the bedding. 

Advice please! Should I repaint with a darker, more silvery blue? Or try a lighter, more subtle blue?

We are going to replace the curtains with something to match the bedding, and the bed skirt is coming. We're also planning to paint the headboard and end tables white (or, better yet, replace them). They look like dark wood in the pics, but are actually an ugly cherry colour. And I'm going to do new silver lamps with white shades. 

Bedding:

BBB2.jpg

Our room right now:

photo-1.JPG

Brad & Janine - November 10th, 2011.
    Valentin Imperial Maya, Riviera Maya
    Bride & Groom + 29

#2 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,921 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:25 AM

That is very pretty bedding and is very neutral. You could go so many different ways, like painting the walls a color like greens, the right blues,  or keep the walls neutral and add pops of color somewhere. I'm not a pro, but good luck!

#3 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
      • 1,917 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:56 AM

It's tough to tell with the color coming off the tv? Maybe you can bring the pillow shams to the paint store and have them do a computer match of the silvery color? It really is gorgeous bedding though.

#4 JBean

JBean
        • 429 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:32 AM

Thanks ladies. It does look like light is coming off a tv - but we don't even have one in the bedroom! Must be the camera flash? 

I think we're going to try a subtle blue/green next and see how that turns out. Fingers crossed! I don't want to paint again! ;)

Bride & Groom + 29

#5 JayKay

JayKay
          • 3,472 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
          • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:29 AM

Did you decide on a different paint color?  And I love that bedding!

#6 JBean

JBean
          • 429 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:56 PM

Wow... I'm just seeing this post now! lol.

Thanks JayKay... we have been too lazy to repaint yet, so it's still that blue. :( We're planning to build a walk-in closet in the bedroom after the wedding, so we might as well wait until we do that.

Bride & Groom + 29

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users