Done, I send you the pdf attachments ... what else did you want me to send you?
2011 & 2012 PLAYACAR PALACE BRIDES!!!!!!
Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:32 PM
Hey there Tabby! I am also planning on bringing my own flowers. I had asked Mercedes if since I wouldn't need my bouquet or my fiance's bout. we could instead have petals for my flower girls and a flower set up for the alter like other PP brides had done. She responded that there were no substitutions. Did you talk to your WC about that?
Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:45 AM
Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com / Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion
Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
Awards and recognition:
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award) | AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner | Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read! If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email email@example.com.
Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:08 AM
@tabby2011 or perry1217: Who are you ladies in contact with at Playacar? I sent an email to Wilma (a WC), but I guess she forwarded my email to the Miami office to Mercedes? And Merecedes emailed me back that she would be my Wedding Planner to assist me until I am assigned my WC. Well, she only replied to that initial email I sent and never replied to any others after that. Can either of you let me know who I can actually get in contact with with questions. Its been months and I haven't heard anything back from Merecedes after several emails. And I just have general questions not so much about menus, linens, etc. Any contact (other than the mentioned lol) would be great!!!
Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:35 PM
@ Perry1217 and @ RMBride2B:
Well, from what I heard from other brides that already got married at PP they say not to listen to the Miami office AT ALL and that most of the things they say are not true and that once you actually talk to someone at the PP things work totally different. You in fact are able to bring your own vendors (florists, photographers etc...) Miami is just going with the standard BS! Florist you can contact whoever and arrange for them to bring my the flowers, centerpieces etc the day off and just have someone meet them at the lobby and then give your flowers to your wedding coordinator at that time. Photographer, again you can bring your own you just have to either buy them a day pass or a room for the day so they are considered a "guest." They are ways around all of that, do not listen to Miami, they did and said the same things to me and they are not true!!!!! Yes, you can bring your own Florist. No, they cannot come inside of the hotel and walk around or set up. Yes, you have to meet them outside of the hotel or in the Lobby and arrange for your flowers to be given to your Wedding Coordinator. Miami office is just going with standard rules I think... so dont worry!
I personally contacted firstname.lastname@example.org "Lorena" (got her email from one of the fellow brides that already got married at the PP) and told her that I am getting married at the Playacar Palace in May and even though it is months away my family and I are doing alot of planning and buying decorations and need answers. I also told her that we have blocked 20 rooms and are expecting 70-80 guests at the hotel and I came across some alot questions. I also told her that I was referred to her regarding questions I have regarding our wedding there. I also told her that I needed to speak to someone at the PP because I have sooooo many questions that just cannot wait until 3 months prior. I told her that I am stuck and need direction which the Miami office cannot provide me with and if there is someone I can contact at the PP in Mexico to get my questions answered. She then replied back and gave me a contact person who I then emailed and been going back and forth with ever since.
So email her and see where that will get you. She is very good this lady and on point, she will definitely get you to the right direction. Just be patient and wait for her responds and then you can ask all of the questions that you desire to your contact person. I, myself asked so many questions that she told me that they are going to assign my wedding coordinator 4 months prior to my wedding instead of the 3 months. LOL! Yes, so email her first and say kind of what I underlines above, just tell her what you have booked your wedding, the date of your wedding, how many rooms you have secured or are going to secure, how many guests you are bringing so they take you serious and also tell her that you have too many questions that just cannot wait and need answers etc... She is very nice and will get back to you within 2-3 days I am sure.
Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:45 PM
Hi ladies, just wanted to share...
I have a few questions for you. I understand that I will not be assigned a WC until 90 days out, but I am hoping to get some things squared away before this school semester kicks off into full swing for me. I was hoping for your assistance with the following:
- Can I please secure a location for my 4 pm wedding. We would like to have the ceremony take place on the beach, and as I have seen beautiful wedding pictures from the South end of the beach I believe that is where we would like to have it.[Mercedes Maragda Hernandez Ramirez] I have in hold the south beach for your wedding ceremony at 04:00 p.m.
- In the event that I will not be using my bouquet or boutteniere, what arrangement may I get instead? [Mercedes Maragda Hernandez Ramirez] Iâ€™m sorry Kristyn but as Iâ€™ve mentioned to you before, youâ€™re having a complementary wedding package, all the amenities included in the package as part of a courtesy and in case you decide not to use them it is no possible to exchange them for others. What you can do is to select the bouquet and boutonni¨re and then use the flowers as your better convenience. If youâ€™re bringing a base, you can untied the bouquet and place the flowers in there, it will looks like a nice flower arrangement
- We will have enough room nights booked for the complimentary cocktail hour. When can I book the location and can you please send me a listing of locations, as well as menu choices?[Mercedes Maragda Hernandez Ramirez] please find attach© file with the optional areas for a private cocktail also, the horse dâ€™oeuvreâ€™s menus presentation attached.
- We will not have enough for a private function; therefore we will have the semi-private dinner. When can I book the location and can you please send me a listing of locations, as well as menu choices?[Mercedes Maragda Hernandez Ramirez] please choose between Mexican or Italian specialties to send you the menu.
- We are having a symbolic ceremony and I had the following questions
- Can you tell me a little bit about who may be saying our ceremony?[Mercedes Maragda Hernandez Ramirez] Iâ€™m sorry but I donâ€™t directly know the minister but what you would like to know about him?
- Can you please confirm that since it is not civil, that it will be in English[Mercedes Maragda Hernandez Ramirez] yes it will be in English.
- How much of our ceremony are we able to write? We absolutely want to write our own vows, but we would like to add some other parts to the script as well.[Mercedes Maragda Hernandez Ramirez] please send your script and vows to consult it directly with the minister.
- With the semi-private dinner, cocktail, and beach wedding â€“ what type of decoration or set-up comes standard?
1 hour of cocktail reception includes: 1 hour open bar and hors dâ€™oeuvres. Additional hours are 50% each of first hour.
*Includes standard d©cor (white tablecloth and napkins) & function space
Semiprivate dinners take place at the restaurant so existent decoration will apply.
- I understand that my wedding is on a VERY big day in Mexico â€“ Little Christmas. Iâ€™m excited to know what kind of decorations Playacar Palace will have up from the holidays.[Mercedes Maragda Hernandez Ramirez] I believe there will still part of the regular Christmas decoration but donâ€™t worry that doesnâ€™t apply for all the areas in the resort, it is mostly in the main lobby.
Thank you!!!!![Mercedes Maragda Hernandez Ramirez] it is my pleasure.
Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:26 PM
Hi Ladies -
Does anyone know how to get in touch with someone besides Mercedes? I've spent the last 30 minutes bawling because Mercedes FINALLY emailed me back and she is telling me no on everything I want to do. I am completely regretting my decision to go with Playacar based 100% on Mercedes.
I've emailed her several times with no response. When she finally responded, she said everything I wanted was already booked. She also said I had too many people for the Wedding Terrace - we have 7 bridesmaids, bride/groom and 40 seated guests. I have this approved in writing back in January of 2011.
If anyone knows the email address or phone number of a supervisor or manager, I would greatly appreciate it. Our wedding is 11-4-11 and I feel completely helpless.
Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:09 PM
Oh no! I would forward her the e-mail confirmation you have from January and say that you want to speak with her supervisor. Also, Palace has a Facebook page and the guy Ro who runs it is wonderful and will get things done for you. I went to him because I wanted the videographer promo honored that was in effect when I booked my wedding, where we could use resort dollars to pay for it. I did look on their site and it says 40, but if you have an exception in place get that over to them right away
Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:10 PM
Ladies, where is everyone having their cocktail party? I am going to take the lead of another Palace bride and have my cocktail AFTER our dinner since I am not purchasing a private function and will not have enough rooms to qualify. I'm a little nervous about how chilly it may be since the cocktail would be at about 8 or 9 and our wedding is in January. 60 degrees may seem a bit cold if sunburnt!
Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:31 AM
email@example.com but she is going on vacation on friday for two weeks. So email her and cry to her and tell her you need to talk to your wedding coordinator ASAP because Mercedes does not help you at all and that you are freaking out....PLEASE HELP! Please refer me to someone that can answer my questions and help me ... she is great. Email her asap since she is leaving this friday!
I hope this helps!!!
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users