Need help with wedding colors!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 june11bride

• 304 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:05 PM

I'm getting married in June 2011 and have a lot of projects on the go, and it is definitely time to figure out my color scheme. I have been trying to decide for soo long but it just isn't working! Ive looked on here and at inspiration boards...

I have always liked the blue colors...like a tiffany blue, aqua, teal, cobalt blue... so I'm trying to figure out how to make one or some of these colors work. I am thinking I'll probably have to pick a blue and have bright tropical flowers.

I just got an email from my WC with pictures of the sashes and I wasn't impressed. This is the only one I like really:

Claudia 087.jpg

So my question is....do you think I shoudl go with bridesmaid dresses that match these ties, or could I do a different type of blue? What about teal? I really don't want bright bridesmaid dresses like pink or orange. I'm just so confused and any input would help!

The only other thing I can think of is to somehow use red because there are red sashes as well and I've seen a few nice pics of red...

Happily married on June 11th 2011 to the best husband in the world!

#2 sascolo

• 184 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:33 AM

There is a whole thread on wedding flowers/decoration and some discussions on colors.  You might search there and get some ideas.

#3 tris

• 609 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 07:28 AM

There is an amazing site you should check out to help you with ideas:

Our colours are 2 shades of aqua/teal, a light brown sandy colour, with touches of berry just for fun.

Our girls are wearing darker teal and the boys are wearing an aqua colour, just so everyone isn't too matchy :)

Seriously check out the perfect palette site though, it's awesome!

Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#4 denisehatter

• 8 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 08:31 AM

You should check out www.eweddinghats.com

There are many post on the various colour combinations you can go for, and how to match them perfectly.

#5 karyan

• 184 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 04:57 AM

that's for posting the sites!

#6 Yanina

• Banned
            • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 09:53 PM

Royal blue for the sash of bridesmaid dresses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users