Photo

First Name and Married Last Name Rhyme

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 mrsgreene2011

mrsgreene2011
  • 307 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:50 AM

LOL, wow that is too funny about your friend. I guess I really shouldn't complain.

Originally Posted by aholen 

Ha, I feel your pain. My new last name will mean that my first AND last names will now be palindromes. Ugh!

On the flip side, a good friend of mine married a man whose last name was Tietz (pronounced Teets). She is a large-breasted school teacher. Her MIL couldn't understand what the issue was, her maiden name was Koonts! No lie!

It can always be worse!! I suppose at least I'm giving up a first initial, last name combo that in emails has sometimes shown up as ahole....

#12 Kat81

Kat81
    • VIP Member
    • 7,615 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:47 AM

I know a lady named Shirley Shirley. How bad would that suck?? I honestly don't think it will be that bad, it's just going to take some getting use to! I think it's kind of cute.

#13 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:50 PM

I think it's cute and like someone else said, at least it will be memorable. I worked with a girl whose dad was James White and she married a James White. If she hyphenated she would have been Jenny White-White! A few years ago there was a couple in the news who met over Facebook because they shared they same exact name, something like Kelly Harris for both the boy and the girl. Now that would be weird!

#14 mrsgreene2011

mrsgreene2011
        • 307 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:45 AM

Thanks guys. I feel bad about complaining after hearing some of the other names. I just have to get used to it.

#15 jennifersyble

jennifersyble
          • 166 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:55 AM

LoL! In my profession, it would help to have a memorable name...plus it could be a lot worse. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users