Photo

First Name and Married Last Name Rhyme

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 mrsgreene2011

mrsgreene2011
  • 307 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:19 AM

I know this is small on the grand scheme of things but, when I get married my first and last name will rhyme and I don't like it. I will be Jeanine Greene. I could hyphenate it, but that doesn't sound much better Jeanine Rolle(silent E)-Greene. I just need to vent about that.

#2 MrsJones2Be

MrsJones2Be
    • 311 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:41 AM

Hey mrsgreene2011! I feel your pain on the rhyming names, but from the outside looking in, I don't think it sounds that bad. When I opened this thread I thought the rhyme would be much worse. But no one can feel this like you can, so if you want to hyphenate do it! I am going to myself.

MRS JONES 2 BE!

#3 mrsgreene2011

mrsgreene2011
      • 307 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:50 AM

You're right Mrs Jones, it's not that bad. I guess it just sounds funny to me.

#4 MrsJones2Be

MrsJones2Be
        • 311 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 08:54 AM

You could think of like this ( This may sound corny) but how many people have names that rhyme at all- to me your name is going to pretty special and no one will ever forget it!

MRS JONES 2 BE!

#5 mrs*j*2011

mrs*j*2011
          • Banned
          • 206 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:09 AM

I worked with a woman named Jean Greene so to me your name doesn't sound weird!  I understand what you're saything though.  It'll just take some time for you to get used to it. 

And just think...it could be much worse.  You could be marrying into an awkward name.  I worked with a guy who's last name wass Dumas (pronounced DO-MAS but everyone always pronounced it dumb-ass) and another guy, his last name was Annis (prounounced ANN-ES but everyone said anus).

~~ Lea ~~
            January 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Royal Caribbean
            (honeymooning at Couples Negril)

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/xRI3m4.png

#6 mrsgreene2011

mrsgreene2011
            • 307 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:14 AM

Ok, lol, you are right. I don't have much to complain about.

Originally Posted by mrs*j*2011 

I worked with a woman named Jean Greene so to me your name doesn't sound weird!  I understand what you're saything though.  It'll just take some time for you to get used to it. 

And just think...it could be much worse.  You could be marrying into an awkward name.  I worked with a guy who's last name wass Dumas (pronounced DO-MAS but everyone always pronounced it dumb-ass) and another guy, his last name was Annis (prounounced ANN-ES but everyone said anus).

#7 mrsgreene2011

mrsgreene2011
              • 307 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:21 AM

Thanks for the responses. I think it's just going to take some getting used to. Sometime you need someone on the outside to help you see things; that's why I love this site-no judgments, just words of wisdom and advice!  !

#8 MrsJones2Be

MrsJones2Be
                • 311 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:07 PM

We are all happy to help!

MRS JONES 2 BE!

#9 islandbride8

islandbride8
                  • 315 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 04:31 PM

i think it probably just sounds weird to you now.  after you get use to it, you won't worry (because it really isn't bad!) 

#10 aholen

aholen
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 101 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:19 PM

Ha, I feel your pain. My new last name will mean that my first AND last names will now be palindromes. Ugh!

On the flip side, a good friend of mine married a man whose last name was Tietz (pronounced Teets). She is a large-breasted school teacher. Her MIL couldn't understand what the issue was, her maiden name was Koonts! No lie!

It can always be worse!! I suppose at least I'm giving up a first initial, last name combo that in emails has sometimes shown up as ahole....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users