Photo

Weight watchers for brides of 2011

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#11 Mssanders111111

Mssanders111111
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:19 PM

Today was not so bad! I used my daily points and was able to fit in a dinner roll LOL my fav around holidays, you know the already baked ones that you just add a little butter and toast? yummy that was my reward for staying on point. I  think that im to much like my students in the idea that i need instant gradification! so i will figure some yummy reward that is still with in my points but that a treat for hitting a weekly goal! hey i think thats why they give us bookmarks and stickers in the meetings LOL. On another note who has ideas for ways not to gain 10 pound on this turkey day? I heard of many Turkey runs, But I live in chicago and its going to be 30 degrees if we are lucky! so no am runs for me. HMM maybe i should do my own turkey run on the treadmill? what do you think? 

#12 Mssanders111111

Mssanders111111
    • 20 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 09:21 PM

Today was not so bad! I used my daily points and was able to fit in a dinner roll LOL my fav around holidays, you know the already baked ones that you just add a little butter and toast? yummy that was my reward for staying on point. I  think that im to much like my students in the idea that i need instant gradification! so i will figure some yummy reward that is still with in my points but that a treat for hitting a weekly goal! hey i think thats why they give us bookmarks and stickers in the meetings LOL. On another note who has ideas for ways not to gain 10 pound on this turkey day? I heard of many Turkey runs, But I live in chicago and its going to be 30 degrees if we are lucky! so no am runs for me. HMM maybe i should do my own turkey run on the treadmill? what do you think? 

#13 shelbs97

shelbs97
      • 85 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mssanders111111 

LOL, I'm solving the tTurkey day problem by having Thanksgiving at my house!  That way I've cooked everything, I know exactly what's in it, and thankfully Thursday is my last day of my counting week, so I've got my leftover points saved up!  It's about having a tiny bit of everything, but feeling satisfied that you've stuck to your goals during the day.
        My special weekly treat for making goal is a Starbucks Peppermint Mocha.  I love them, but they are like 6 points, so once a week I get to have one!  I look forward to it all week long!

Shelby & Justin - Cancun Palace - May 21, 2011

#14 aholen

aholen
        • Site Supporter
        • 101 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mssanders111111 

You so right about the putting off the start date. lol Thanks for the tip My day is Nov of 2011 at the moon palace in mexico. So i need a beach body asap lol. thanks

mssanders111111: You and I have a lot in common! I'm getting married in June at the Moon Palace, and I too am a teacher! Weight Watchers is a great way to lose weight. A good friend of mine who has been heavy all her life has been using it and is now super skinny! I'm 5'10" and am hoping to lose about 30 lbs. by June. Thanks to starting WW at the end of October, I only need to lose 22 lbs! :)

Good luck to you! It takes A LOT of will power to lose weight, but it'll be worth it to feel great for that beach front wedding! :)

#15 JetsettinBride

JetsettinBride
          • 299 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:07 PM

good job on the weight loss.  I just signed up December 1st for WW for the 2nd time around. I should of never stopped. I lost 30lbs when I used WW last time.  What do you gals think of the new POINTS PLUS system?  

I really dont think i'm eating any differently. It just seems like they raised points on everything. 

#16 Mssanders111111

Mssanders111111
            • 20 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:46 PM

I not to sure if i like the point plus system yet. just b/c i loved being able to pick up the book and know my points. I think that this is a better way for them to make money . I have so many friends who have just bought kits and not go to the meetings. But its not that different from the flex plan just more points less carbs and fruits and veggie are almost no points(which i do love that). I just hate that you cant find you daily points without going to a meeting.

Originally Posted by JetsettinBride 

good job on the weight loss.  I just signed up December 1st for WW for the 2nd time around. I should of never stopped. I lost 30lbs when I used WW last time.  What do you gals think of the new POINTS PLUS system?  

I really dont think i'm eating any differently. It just seems like they raised points on everything. 

#17 shelbs97

shelbs97
              • 85 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 08:49 AM

I really don't think Points Plus is too different.  I mean, they changed a bunch of points which was annoying, and the whole no points for fruits and veggies makes me nervous cause they HAVE calories in them, but I know the plan has been tested, so it must be okay.  I REALLY don't like that wine went from 2 points to 4 points though!! lol.
                The e-tools is great if you don't have it.  It actually ends up being LESS each month than just going to the meetings or going to the weigh ins...and it has the calculator on it.  The iphone app is awesome too, I log all my food and activities on it.  I didn't do that great last week, only down 0.6, but at least I lost.  I expect this week to go MUCH better.  Just hoping for a solid 2 pounds!

Shelby & Justin - Cancun Palace - May 21, 2011

#18 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
                • 1,131 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 02:17 PM

I did excellent on my first week on the points plus.  But last week not so much....I was busy no time to work out, it was just crazy.  This week I'm going to go full fledged I have already prepared my zero point vegetable soup for the week.  Wish me luck.  I have 6 points to loose to get to goal....

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
                  ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#19 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
                  • 1,131 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 12:33 PM

Where are you WW ladies?????? 

I...much to my surprise lost 1.4lbs over Christmas week.  But it is really time to jump back in full fledged...I hope I'm not alone..

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
                    ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#20 june11bride

june11bride
                    • 304 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 11:51 PM

I have just under 6 months until my wedding and am definitely feeling the pressure!! I kept telling myself that I could finish my semester and then get through Christmas and I'll be back on track, so I really think this has to be it!! No more excuses!! I can't leave it to the last minute because I am finishing my up my degree and practicum (for teaching!) a few months before the wedding so I know I have to get in a routine before then, or I will be too stressed out!! We can do it though!

Happily married on June 11th 2011 to the best husband in the world!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users