• 2,628 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 11:02 AM

Why whats wrong?!?  Why would you want to switch over to a TA

#172 mistibuard

mistibuard
    • 444 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 01:15 PM

I'm not switching...

Supposedly a TA will make these easier for you. I don't doubt that...but I've already completed everything. I think she was just trying to help.

**Beaches Turks & Caicos- March 12, 2011**

#173 mistibuard

mistibuard
      • 444 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:51 PM

Does anyone know what the "commemorative gift" is that the resort gives you if you announce your wedding is at a Beaches Resort in your local newspaper or on your blog?

Just curious...

#174 Brandy

Brandy
        • 2,628 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:15 PM

Nope not a clue, probably a t-shirt or something lol

#175 Michelle-2

Michelle-2
          • 310 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 08:14 AM

Misti -

Did you find someone with a RAISED seal for your documents?  The places that I have checked all use the regular ink stamp.  I hate to wait until the last minute to find out I have a problem with the documents.  Especially since I have to include a divorce decree with mine - Hope it is not going to make things more complicated.

Beaches Turks & Caicos - October 21, 2011

#176 kimberlyg

kimberlyg
            • 23 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:27 AM

You will be fine- a raised seal isn't used anymore- my stuff has been turned in for a while and Monica said everything is fine.  Monica is not very good at her job by the way and they really need more than 1 or 2 wedding coordinators it seems to handle all the weddings... I planned everything myself and had my travel agent order the stuff I wanted just because it takes too long to go through Beaches... at the end of the day everything can be done yourself with or without wedding coordinator or travel agent.  I think if you have a big party they will pay more attention to you- I am excited for my intimate wedding vaccation with my 11 year old and fiance January 10th and then to have my big reception, which will be like a second wedding this summer in Boulder Colorado!  Good Luck to All- Will post a review when I return!  Any Specifics anyone wants me to look out for?

Peacefully,

Kimberly

#177 mistibuard

mistibuard
              • 444 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:37 PM

WooHoo Kimberly!

That is literally aruond the corner (20 days to be exact)! Wow..it really seems like we're having the exact time of events--intimate wedding and HUGE celebration once we return.

May I ask what did you decide to order through your travel agent?

Originally Posted by kimberlyg 

You will be fine- a raised seal isn't used anymore- my stuff has been turned in for a while and Monica said everything is fine.  Monica is not very good at her job by the way and they really need more than 1 or 2 wedding coordinators it seems to handle all the weddings... I planned everything myself and had my travel agent order the stuff I wanted just because it takes too long to go through Beaches... at the end of the day everything can be done yourself with or without wedding coordinator or travel agent.  I think if you have a big party they will pay more attention to you- I am excited for my intimate wedding vaccation with my 11 year old and fiance January 10th and then to have my big reception, which will be like a second wedding this summer in Boulder Colorado!  Good Luck to All- Will post a review when I return!  Any Specifics anyone wants me to look out for?

Peacefully,

Kimberly

#178 mistibuard

mistibuard
                • 444 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:38 PM

Hi Michelle,

I spoke with Amoy (someone in Miami who works with all of the documents)...she said that the stamp was fine. Apparently, A LOT of states no longer use the raised seal. Be sure to notarize EVERYTHING that you send. Originally I was told that only the affidavit needed to be notarized.

I sent everything via UPS yesterday and they should receive it tomorrow. How's your planning?

Originally Posted by Michelle-2 

Misti -

Did you find someone with a RAISED seal for your documents?  The places that I have checked all use the regular ink stamp.  I hate to wait until the last minute to find out I have a problem with the documents.  Especially since I have to include a divorce decree with mine - Hope it is not going to make things more complicated.

#179 kimberlyg

kimberlyg
                  • 23 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 10:07 AM

Just the standard edit Video($500) and the cheapest photo package they offer... We are using Tropical Imaging for the other pictures.  My girlfriend owns a photo studio and will edit and retouch all the "Beaches" photos... $410 for 18 on a digital disk- kind of ridiculous.  An extra boutenier for my son (11 yeasrs old) and he will also join us for the candlelight dinner(additional $45) instead of a reception. We are going to go to dinner some other night by ourselves at one of the adult only restarunts.  Basically- you DO NOT need a TA to do ANY of this- I just do it because it's easy and send her a quick email...

#180 mistibuard

mistibuard
                    • 444 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:04 PM

Oh okay. I need to go ahead and reserve the standard video myself. I haven't given it much thought lately.

Originally Posted by kimberlyg 

Just the standard edit Video($500) and the cheapest photo package they offer... We are using Tropical Imaging for the other pictures.  My girlfriend owns a photo studio and will edit and retouch all the "Beaches" photos... $410 for 18 on a digital disk- kind of ridiculous.  An extra boutenier for my son (11 yeasrs old) and he will also join us for the candlelight dinner(additional $45) instead of a reception. We are going to go to dinner some other night by ourselves at one of the adult only restarunts.  Basically- you DO NOT need a TA to do ANY of this- I just do it because it's easy and send her a quick email...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users