• Please log in to reply
2587 replies to this topic

#2071 LovelyGemini

LovelyGemini
  • 108 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Yessi 

When I spoke Marlene, she did mentioned if the person taking your pics is part of your wedding group  then its ok, you don't  have to pay the fee. Bc I am bringing my own photographer, I am just paying for her room and flight so I am making her part of my wedding group...

A couple of the other brides here have done that too, they found local photographers in their area that were willing to travel over and booked them a couple of nights there. I'm just trying to find one that will be worth paying for their flight and stay... while still getting my money's worth in photos. Tropical Pictures at the hotel is so pricey for the amount of coverage (time) and photos they give you, its ridiculous.

#2072 tricia-m

tricia-m
    • 172 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 1, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Yessi 

When I spoke Marlene, she did mentioned if the person taking your pics is part of your wedding group  then its ok, you don't  have to pay the fee. Bc I am bringing my own photographer, I am just paying for her room and flight so I am making her part of my wedding group...

Exactly what I am doing. He won't be there for the full week.  A day or two before and at least a day after to do some extra pictures.

#2073 tricia-m

tricia-m
    • 172 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 1, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LovelyGemini 

A couple of the other brides here have done that too, they found local photographers in their area that were willing to travel over and booked them a couple of nights there. I'm just trying to find one that will be worth paying for their flight and stay... while still getting my money's worth in photos. Tropical Pictures at the hotel is so pricey for the amount of coverage (time) and photos they give you, its ridiculous.

Fiance and I really wanted very style of photographer and tropical pictures wasn't it.  It was a great decision because he also did a engagement/save the date/family photo shoot and then in punta cana will do a trash the dress/wedding day/my son's birthday as he will be turning 5 the day after our wedding.  Well worth what we are paying to bring him out.

#2074 MissJali

MissJali
    • 935 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

Idk...I've done my calculations...even paying the vendor fee HDC still comes out cheaper than using Tropical Pictures for photo and video....ehh we'll see. I just want someone familiar with the resort b/c I dont want to be giving anyone a tour of great locations to take my photos.

#2075 LovelyGemini

LovelyGemini
      • 108 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MissJali 

Idk...I've done my calculations...even paying the vendor fee HDC still comes out cheaper than using Tropical Pictures for photo and video....ehh we'll see. I just want someone familiar with the resort b/c I dont want to be giving anyone a tour of great locations to take my photos.

REALLY??!! WOW, that's crazy. I never got a quote from them because I always figured it would come out to be more expensive!

#2076 MissJali

MissJali
        • 935 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

REALLY??!! WOW, that's crazy. I never got a quote from them because I always figured it would come out to be more expensive!

yea the thing is the stress if bbpd decides not to let them on the property

#2077 LovelyGemini

LovelyGemini
          • 108 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by MissJali 

yea the thing is the stress if bbpd decides not to let them on the property

If you pay the outside vendor fee, why wouldn't they? Isn't that the reason for the ridiculous $1000 fee?

I WISH someone would try to keep them out after I pay that fee, my inner bridezilla WILL make a very ugly appearance if that were to happen. LOL 

#2078 samantha2

samantha2
            • 66 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

Does anyone have package information and price for HDC photography?  If so can you please send them to me, my email is sammie_s2@hotmail.com

Thanks!

#2079 MissJali

MissJali
              • 935 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:18 PM

bc the fee isn't the option they offer. its the penalty if they find out you snuck in an outside vendor.

#2080 LovelyGemini

LovelyGemini
                • 108 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

bc the fee isn't the option they offer. its the penalty if they find out you snuck in an outside vendor.

Oh no, really?!! I really thought that was a fee they charged for using the outside vendor. Ugh, that really upsets me. I was actually considering using hdc or another vendor also. That really sucks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users