Photo

Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

• Please log in to reply
2587 replies to this topic

#1641 LovelyGemini

LovelyGemini
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

Natalie, Good to know, I was thinking of doing the same! thanks a million and congrats again!!

#1642 Mary123

Mary123
    • 39 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

Thank you all for posting! It has been so helpful to read the reviews? Does anyone know if WiFi is available on the beach? My grandmother will not be able to come to DR because of her health issues and I would love to connect to Skype so she could see the ceremony live.

#1643 SoonMrsD

SoonMrsD
      • 245 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by MissJali 

lovely Gemini! Dont be nervous! before my may 2013 visit, the last time I was there was in 2009 and without seeing all the changes the resort did I booked my wedding. the resort has changed quite.a bit but I am even more excited now that its been renovated. it's a beautifil resort! have fun and a safe trip!!!!

So after careful though and surveys, We are doing our wedding at Barcelo! MissJali your input helped too and I will be bugging you hahahah

#1644 LovelyGemini

LovelyGemini
        • 108 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mary123 

Thank you all for posting! It has been so helpful to read the reviews? Does anyone know if WiFi is available on the beach? My grandmother will not be able to come to DR because of her health issues and I would love to connect to Skype so she could see the ceremony live.

Hey Mary,

My fiance and I couldn't live without wifi while on our site visit last week so we paid for 5 days. It was VERY spotty outside of the room and lobby/common areas. It's also not the fastest speed even in the room on my Iphone web browser. My fiance tried to facetime his sister while we were in our room and the connection was lost at least twice. 

#1645 MissJali

MissJali
          • 935 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by SoonMrsD 

So after careful though and surveys, We are doing our wedding at Barcelo! MissJali your input helped too and I will be bugging you hahahah

Yayyyyy!!! Welcome to the BBPD Brides' Club SoonMrsD!!! In exactly 8 months on this date...I will be getting married. Scary how fast time has flown!!!!!! 

#1646 LovelyGemini

LovelyGemini
            • 108 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by SoonMrsD 

Welcome!!! I think I remember reading a while back that you're also doing a large wedding like me?? 

#1647 LovelyGemini

LovelyGemini
              • 108 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

MissJali,

I can't believe you're 8 months away already! You're only a month ahead of me and you've gotten so much done already. I need to pick up the pace LOL

#1648 MissJali

MissJali
                • 935 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by LovelyGemini 

MissJali,

I can't believe you're 8 months away already! You're only a month ahead of me and you've gotten so much done already. I need to pick up the pace LOL

Girl!! I just realized half of the things i need are only sold in summer and things are flying off the shelves so i'm trying to do as much as I can. Besides I go back to school end of August and pretty much can't do anything until after Christmas, which leaves 3 months before the wedding!

#1649 natalieblev

natalieblev
                  • 400 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:05 PM

Mary123 I never had any trouble connecting on my phone while at the resort including the beach. I didn't use it a ton but my some of friends downloaded Skype on their phones or used FaceTime for iPhone every night to call kids or home and it worked fine.

#1650 Mary123

Mary123
                    • 39 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

Hi Natalie, thank you for the response. so it looks like we will be able to share the ceremony with the grandmother live!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users