Photo

Excited about upcoming site visits in Jamaica!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 Prettysparklie

Prettysparklie
  • Site Supporter
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 12:42 PM

DeAngelis2be have a great time. Please sure to include pictures in your reviews!

#12 delgadot

delgadot
    • 284 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:51 AM

Yes please include lots of pictures!! Thanks for letting us know about your trip!

#13 CamLovesJA

CamLovesJA
      • 301 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 09:38 AM

Have fun Island girl! Cant wait to find out which is your favourite

#14 mrsdeloatch2be

mrsdeloatch2be
        • 141 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:25 AM

Have a great trip!! Getting married at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites June 2011.  Hope to hear some good reviews....

June 30, 2011 Iberostar Rose Hall Suite, Montego Bay Jamaica~14 guests booked ~

#15 cristinaliza

cristinaliza
          • 17 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 04:43 PM

Oooh how exciting! We stayed at Riu MoBay last year and loved it! I've been wanting to go back to stay at iberostar.

#16 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
            • 594 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:32 PM

So we're back from our trip. We returned last night. I wish the weather was more accommodating, as it had rained the first day we got there. On the first day we visited two resorts, Rose Hall (Hilton) & Iberostar Beach. We really liked both. We couldn't really cover much of the outside grounds at the Hilton because at the time of the visit it was pouring. However, the wedding coordinator gave us the round down and gave us a wedding outline. Pretty much if we can afford the Rose Hall we'd def book. They have great amenities including a water park, but their AI plans I hear are pricey and any of the add-ons. Right now we're in the process of seeing how much everything would be if we were to choose.

But along side that Iberostar Beach was really nice as well and big. We learned that the Iberostar Resorts are the second biggest resorts in JA (first one being Grand Palladium). Anyhow I'm swayed towards Iberostar simply put because they offer the one wedding per day and their grounds too were nice for pics and scenery. We also visited the Riu hotels out in Negril and we were liked the Riu Tropical Palace's layout more so than Riu Negril. Only advantage with Riu Negril is it has a disco (club) whereas RTP does not. However, the perks of staying at RTP is you can use the disco at Riu Negril. We also saw Moon Dance Cliffs but have decided it won't work for us. There's no beach, just cliffs and we'd want our guests to have access to the beach whenever they wanted without having to catch a cab back and forth.

So now we're just going to narrow down our top 2, draw up another budget and see which one will work best for us and our guests. Destination weddings are all about saving money & not going broke, so whatever works best for us and will offer a fab time is what we'll do.

Sorry there are no pics to post, but the weather was horrible and we figured pics of all the resorts could be easily found on-line.

Hope this mini review helps someone that was/is in the same boat as me.

#17 delgadot

delgadot
              • 284 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:10 PM

Thank you for the review. Hilton Rose Hall is a beautiful resort! With so many options for the wedding location. That resort was on my list too until I saw the costs.    At this point I am leaning towards Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. But it is so difficult to choose! 

Well good luck on making your final venue decision!

#18 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
                • 594 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 01:23 PM

Delgadot girl me too. If the Hilton was more cost effective the decision would be simple. But it looks like we're more than likely going to go with the Suites as well. Keep me posted! When are you planning on getting married? And congrats!

#19 delgadot

delgadot
                  • 284 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:50 AM

Our wedding is not until July 2012 but I am a huge planner so I am getting a head start:) This forum has given me so many great ideas I would have never even thought of, it has been awesome soaking it all in. I really like Iberostar Rose Hall Suites but I had found another venue called Hummingbird Hall in Montego Bay that kind of has my attention too, so hopefully our site visit will confirm which one we will go with:) 

#20 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
                    • 594 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 11:08 AM

I know I said the same re this site. It's a blessing. All ideas that I've read about and heard are so good. I hope your site visit goes well!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users