Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:22 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by anacgarcia
      Me 80+, we're inviting around 370 people.. and I pray no more than 200 go

just thinking about that many people is giving me an anxiety attack.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#14 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,754 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 03:28 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by anacgarcia
        Me 80+, we're inviting around 370 people.. and I pray no more than 200 go
        omg! wow. Are your guests close to Cancun?

We are inviting about 275 but I'm pretty sure by having a DW we will cut half (at least). So at most I believe we'll have 150?

(this includes an uncle-mom's brother, who has 12 children who are all grown and married, and 33 grandchildren, 1 great-grandchild on the way!)

#15 kookaloons

kookaloons
        • 18 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 12:09 PM

We're looking at 60ish right now. We originally thought about 80 and I'm quite relieved that it won't be that high.

Now we can spring for the fireworks!
          Mary & Corey March 23, 2007 Puerto Vallarta www.coreyandmary.com
          http://tickers.Ticke....f11e/event.png

Knot Bio

#16 Joy

Joy
          • 8 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 12:22 PM

We are planning for 75-100 people. Most people are saying 'yes' now but we still have ALOT of time before the wedding. I was hoping for closer to 50 people.

#17 anaderoux

anaderoux
            • 3,220 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 02:57 PM

we're in mexico so we're closer to cancun than your guests but mexicans are not that used to destination weddings as americans are.. of course we have to be prepared for everything but I hope that no more than 200 come 'cause it's going to be really really expensive..

we supposedly decided to have a DW to invite less people but I have a lot of family and since my FI works in the government he has lots of people he just HAS to invite, or they invite themselves..

#18 EDYTA

EDYTA
              • 1,277 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 03:17 PM

Wow I can't believe how many guests some of you are having...were only looking at 16 guests, not too many people can take a week off work and drop $2000 to go to a wedding

#19 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 3,754 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 05:06 PM

Just curious. My fam is from Jalisco so we're planning on havina our wedding in PV so that the family from California plan a vaca if they want to go back home as well. Also because the fam I have in Mexico can help me plan if needed.

#20 anaderoux

anaderoux
                  • 3,220 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 07:17 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by amyhmartin
                    Just curious. My fam is from Jalisco so we're planning on havina our wedding in PV so that the family from California plan a vaca if they want to go back home as well. Also because the fam I have in Mexico can help me plan if needed.

PV is actually in Jalisco, so it's going to be great for your mexican guests!! you can drive there!!

I live in the north of Mexico (border with Texas), driving to Cancun would be a 2 days drive so almost all of my guests will have to fly there..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users