Photo

What to put on a save the date??

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 EricaMarie

EricaMarie
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:51 AM

I have already decided where my wedding will be and have the date for reception and church locked in.  I am not having my wedding at a resort so have not choosen one yet.  I want to pick one based on resort quality as well as price, however I can not get pricing info yet since my wedding is in Dec. 2011.  Is it ok to send out a save the date already with date, destination, and travel agent info, and wedding website only not the resort people will stay at?

I want people to have plenty of time to save and plan and in reality in my situation people are able to choose any resort they want. 

Any feedback is appreciated!

#2 karyan

karyan
    • 184 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:09 AM

I don't think that's unreasonable. Some people will ask right away about the resort so it might be wise to have a budget in mind for where you might stay. As long as you give people 8 months notice about what resort you've chosen that should be fine. The more notice you give about where it is, the sooner people start saving.

#3 EricaMarie

EricaMarie
      • 232 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:34 AM

Thanks!  That is what I figure, better they at least now the date and are thinking about it and saving.

#4 L&J

L&J
        • 153 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 06:29 AM

The only info on our STD was our names, date,  Jamaica, and our website.  We had resort info on our website but if you don't have the info yet it should be fine.

Tensing Pen, Negril Jamaica, November 13th, 2010

#5 EricaMarie

EricaMarie
          • 232 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:38 AM

Ok, good to know because I feel like all the samples I looked at had the resort listed.  thanks.

#6 skp1

skp1
            • 405 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:43 AM

save the dates should be simple and give the basic info which you have.  It's OK to just put the island and not the resort yet.  I had the resort but not the booking info and just put a note on my website that says "more info to come" or something like that.  At least this gives people the opportunity to plan time off from work, childcare and approximate cost.

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#7 EricaMarie

EricaMarie
              • 232 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:33 PM

Thanks for the reassurance!

#8 SusanJeff2008

SusanJeff2008
                • 160 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:57 PM

I think that would be fine too. I was thinking of doing the same thing and I am glad to see your post and the responses too :)

#9 EricaMarie

EricaMarie
                  • 232 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:47 AM

Seems to have worked fine.  I sent out my save the date last week with that info and I a request for a tentative response that they needed to make on our website and we already have 10 yes response.  Now that I am pretty sure I picked the resort that I want people to stay at I am going to put the information for the resort on the website so they can take a look at it even though we will not be booking yet. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users