Jump to content

Photo

Post here if your plans are changed due to Hurricane Dean & you would like help


  • Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
  • VIP Member
  • 4,791 posts

    Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:22 PM

    Our roommate's friends just got back from a honeymoon in St. Lucia and they loved it! Good luck, I wish you all the best...

    ~ Jaime & Martin ~
    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

    We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

    We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!


    #32 PaulaV

    PaulaV
    • VIP Member
    • 2,813 posts

      Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:32 PM

      OMG Trista, I am so sorry to hear this is affecting your plans.
      I would be glad to help!
      I need to go read your other post now.

      #33 Trista

      Trista
      • Jr. Member
      • 304 posts

        Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:44 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by PaulaV
        OMG Trista, I am so sorry to hear this is affecting your plans.
        I would be glad to help!
        I need to go read your other post now.
        Thanks Paula..I am gonna log off shortly, its been such a terrible day or weekend for that matter, I am exhausted~ We booked our hotel room 6 months ago and now just checking if things didn't get so bad and we could remain to go, the room is no longer available~ ARGH....Oh well that is just something else to add to the problem. The only rooms available for the time we are there is $1,000 more~ UGH..

        I need some sleep for now, but again, girls thanks so much for helping me out with all kinds of great ideas..I will continue this saga tomorrow from work

        Trista
        COUPLES ~Swept Away, JAMAICA

        #34 foxytv

        foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

          Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:48 PM

          Sleep good Trista! Hopefully things will look better in the morning!

          #35 Heligirl

          Heligirl
          • Newbie
          • 97 posts

            Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:25 AM

            I may be asking for help come Tuesday if Playa is destroyed.. I don't have a plan B.. What do you do with 40 guests? I'm not sure they all have the trip insurance.

            #36 rodent

            rodent

              VIP Member

            • VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

              Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:46 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Heligirl
              I may be asking for help come Tuesday if Playa is destroyed.. I don't have a plan B.. What do you do with 40 guests? I'm not sure they all have the trip insurance.
              They may still be able to reschedule. I think even if you don't buy insurance you get some protection if there is a hurricane. Maybe that's only if flights are canceled. I'll see what I can figure out. I also know when I put my flight on certain credit cards a line about insurance shows up on my statement. Does anyone understand this? I've been meaning to look into it. Are they giving you some sort of trip insurance?

              #37 Heidi

              Heidi
              • Sr. Member
              • 2,642 posts

                Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:20 AM

                Trista; I'm not sure when you're leaving for Jamaica or which air line you're flying, but Air Jamaica has a guarantee for anyone with tix between Aug 17-24:

                Air Jamaica has put measures in place to assist passengers whose travel plans may be affected by the impending passage of Hurricane Dean.

                Air Jamaica passengers who are holding tickets to/from Barbados, Bonaire, Cura┬žao, Grand Cayman, Grenada, Kingston, Montego Bay, Nassau and St. Lucia issued on/before August 16, 2007, for travel August 17 - 24, 2007 may change their itinerary without penalty subject to the following conditions:

                Passengers must already be in possession of a ticket.

                Passengers will be guaranteed the same fare as they were originally ticketed within the applicable fare parameters up to August 24, 2007.

                A request for deferral of travel must be made prior to departure of the original travel date.

                Tickets with an expiry date during the above-mentioned period will be extended for travel up to August 24, 2007. Passengers are advised to keep a record of their locator number.

                Passengers with totally unused tickets who elect not to travel will be issued a voucher for future travel on Air Jamaica for the full value of the ticket without penalty. The voucher will be valid for one year from the date of issue.

                Passengers are being asked to monitor the media for updates, call 1-888-FLY-AIR-J or log on to Air Jamaica for further information.


                JAMAICA - A premier caribbean travel destination featuring the resort areas of Montego Bay, Negril, Ocho Rios, Kingston, Port Antonio and South Coast.
                Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

                #38 Christine

                Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

                Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:24 AM

                this was on the couples site Trista
                Posted on Monday, August 20, 2007 - 07:10 am:

                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                The morning after...

                So far I have not received any reports of consequential damage or injuries to any guests or staff.

                We will be conducting an assessment today as soon as possible and I will post any news as soon as it becomes available.

                Relieved,

                Randy Russell
                CRO and SVP
                Couples Resorts
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

                #39 Trista

                Trista
                • Jr. Member
                • 304 posts

                  Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:29 AM

                  Thanks for your information, I found this out yesterday when I went to cancel my room..I did place a cancellation and now I am wondering if I should of waited this out..UGH...panic mode set in and my dreams were crushed as I did this..

                  I did get the information that they were willing to give travel vouchers for future travel but I have not yet contacted my insurance company I purchased trip insurance from so at this point, I think my flight is still in effect..

                  I went onto the couples board last night late to see (out of curiosity) if the room we were booked was again available and it stated "No" so now I have no idea what I should do? I am more stressed now today waking up at the fact that maybe we should of not cancelled our room?

                  Anyway, thanks so much, I am relieved to find out that so far, (although they are assessing today the damage) that nobody was seriously hurt..

                  Thank you for your wonderful information, I am amazed at how so many girls on here have pulled together..

                  I am still watching this hurricane and I hope it does not hit Cancun or any place else~
                  COUPLES ~Swept Away, JAMAICA

                  #40 rodent

                  rodent

                    VIP Member

                  • VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

                    Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:33 AM

                    [QUOTE=Trista;137128]

                    I went onto the couples board last night late to see (out of curiosity) if the room we were booked was again available and it stated "No" so now I have no idea what I should do? I am more stressed now today waking up at the fact that maybe we should of not cancelled our room?

                    [QUOTE]

                    maybe it is still availble, but isn't showing up as availble. For it to be unavailble, it would've taken someone booking right after you canceled, right? With the uncertainty, it's unlikely someone booked then. Many other people probably canceled too, so I would imagine you could still get a room. Can you un-do your cancel somehow so you don't end up paying the extra $1,000?




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users