December 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#41 Kimberli1211

Kimberli1211
  • 237 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:29 PM

Morgan7,

I ordered mine in the 3rd week of February and they said it will come in June. Depends on the designer I think. I have the same issue with my dress.... I love it but the pictures make me cringe a little because it was 2 sizes too big, and the pictures just make ME look much bigger. It will be so exciting to try it on once it fits!!!

#42 Kimberli1211

Kimberli1211
    • 237 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:31 PM

And to your other question... my guests will be paying about $900 pp for 6 nights at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, and about $500 for flights. So about $1400-$1500 pp.

#43 IRIEGIRL

IRIEGIRL
      • 85 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:48 AM

im december 11

#44 morgan7

morgan7
        • 219 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 06:21 AM

yay december 11!!! that is close to the date we are thinking. we havent decided or booked yet. where are you getting married iriegirl?

#45 IRIEGIRL

IRIEGIRL
          • 85 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by morgan7 

yay december 11!!! that is close to the date we are thinking. we havent decided or booked yet. where are you getting married iriegirl?

Iberostar Montego Bay Jamaica

#46 TigerLily

TigerLily
            • 201 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:06 PM

Hi guys- I'm getting married on Dec 3rd at Dreams Riviera Cancun in Mexico! Congrats to all other Dec brides! I can't believe some of you have 40-50 people booked already...are you miracle workers?! We have about 10 so far and I'm sure the others will book a month before we leave, lol.

Anyway, congrats everyone!! Can't wait!

#47 Jacki7896

Jacki7896
              • 195 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:39 PM

My "miracle" booking was I just told people we only had a certain number of rooms available (which is true, we are getting married at a very small resort that only has 33 rooms), and if they wanted to guarantee a room, they needed to book ASAP.  I think my panicked emails about how everything was going to book up so quickly scared everyone.  So now I just have 7 more rooms to book, which I hope I can do over the next few months! 

#48 Marlena

Marlena
                • 254 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:32 AM

Jacki,

That happened to me too, I thought we'd have about 30 people book, but we are up to 48 plus 10 from Florida coming too! Plus all of the last minute people who decide to come. I never thought we'd have 60+ people at our wedding in Jamaica!

#49 morgan7

morgan7
                  • 219 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:30 PM

Im starting to kind of freak out about the fact that we havent booked anything yet! And I mean ANYTHING!! I understand that we have to wait until we know if FI has a job he is applying for or not because that could effect what time he can get off and possibly even set the wedding date yet. How late do you ladies think we will be able to get away with booking??? September? Any sugestions?

#50 Jacki7896

Jacki7896
                    • 195 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:40 PM

I think it depends on where you are booking, and how close to the holidays you are going to be.  I know in  Negril, everything is fairly easy to book close in time, EXCEPT the photographer... they book up quickly.  And I know a lot of resorts that handle weddings on a regular basis have a lot of vendors on site/regularly work with, so I guess as long as you pick out a date that the resort has available, you will be fine......   But the issue with a December wedding and booking late, in my opinion, is how it affects your guests.  They need time to ask off work, make travel arrangements, etc., which is further complicated in December because of the holidays.  So long as you don't mind that some people may not be able to make a wedding with little notice, I think you can book as late as you can find resorts with openings.  Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users