December 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
275 replies to this topic

#131 MichCraw

MichCraw
  • 369 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

Jacki,

I hired the resort videographer, and it's 350$ at my resort .. i'm only getting the ceremony on video .. that cut down on the price a lot!

#132 kat2012

kat2012
    • 602 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:53 PM

We are adding videographer, but ours is way cheaper 500 for 15 minutes montaged. I think it would be a great addition to our wedding memories. Picture might not picture something, but camera should :D

Originally Posted by Jacki7896 

Are any of you guys hiring a videographer?  I am debating, but it is another $1000 or so that I didn't necessarily plan on.  Just trying to decide what to do.  What are you guys doing?  

#133 Marlena

Marlena
      • 254 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:15 AM

I think with 70 + guests that everyones photos will be enough. And some of you have the great idea of making a picture montage! That would be perfect!

#134 morgan7

morgan7
        • 219 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:35 PM

tI agree with all of the guests its just not worth paying for a videographer.

just wanted to update everyone on how all of my planning is going 

- i got all of my invites made and delivered, our deadline for deposits is next tuesday. im so flad that its done

- and i also went with my future SIL to pick out her bridesmaid dress last night we ended up finding the perfect dress for her at le chateau. it sutes her personality so well and it looks amazing on her. it will be so pretty on the beach 

cass_dress.png

#135 morgan7

morgan7
          • 219 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:36 PM

i forgot to mention she is not wearing that pink string things around her waist she will be wearing a beige sash.

How is everyone else doing with their planning?

What do you have left?

#136 kat2012

kat2012
            • 602 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:10 PM

I love this dress!! I think I will have to check oout le Chateau on Monday. Was it expensive?

Originally Posted by morgan7 

tI agree with all of the guests its just not worth paying for a videographer.

just wanted to update everyone on how all of my planning is going 

- i got all of my invites made and delivered, our deadline for deposits is next tuesday. im so flad that its done

- and i also went with my future SIL to pick out her bridesmaid dress last night we ended up finding the perfect dress for her at le chateau. it sutes her personality so well and it looks amazing on her. it will be so pretty on the beach 

cass_dress.png

#137 kat2012

kat2012
              • 602 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:11 PM

I am working on our wedding invitation this weekend, still i am not sure about how to word it....

I find it the most difficult task out of the whole planning. LOL

Finding my dress was way easier task...

Originally Posted by morgan7 

i forgot to mention she is not wearing that pink string things around her waist she will be wearing a beige sash.

How is everyone else doing with their planning?

What do you have left?

#138 morgan7

morgan7
                • 219 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:06 PM

what kind of wording are you looking for? i found a bunch of cute beach themed ones while i was looking for mine.

i used:

Years ago when they were young
                  two lovers were brought
                  together as one.
                  Now and forever, partners in life
                  under palm trees swaying, they'll
                  be husband and wife.

Darryl and Reta

look forward to sharing with you
                  the sun, the sea and the
                  memories of their wedding ceremony.

date and time

resort

Montego Bay, Jamaica

Bonfire celebration on the beach
                  following the ceremony

#139 morgan7

morgan7
                  • 219 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:13 PM

kat the dress was $189 Canadian. (I think this is a tad bit expensive but all of the other dresses that we were looking at in bridal salons were the same price if not more) They have this dress online. Just to warn you though the dress fits big (she is usually a medium but a small fit) the way the top of the front is we need to just sew it closed. The way it crosses it kind of flaps open and is really really low cut so a simple sewing will fix that. If that makes any sense.  

#140 Kimberli1211

Kimberli1211
                    • 237 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:42 PM

Marlena- I tried to email Jodi twice and never received a reply (at all), so I got frustrated. Maybe I'll have to try again. Another company was responding to me until I asked for something more detailed, and then I never heard back. Argh! 

Recently I started working on my luggage tags, guest book pages, money holder inserts, etc. They are going really well! I've definitely learned my way around Word! I'm taking a trip to Minneapolis in two weeks and am hoping to pick up some wedding finds there as well. Not too many options around here and there's only so much you can do online without seeing things first.

I wanted to do a boudoir shoot but then decided against it because of cost. I'm rethinking though, because I can't think of a present my fiance would be more ecstatic about... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users