Going Dress Shopping for the first time

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 foxytv

foxytv
  • VIP Member
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 03:48 PM

I also had in my mind what type and style of dress I wanted. But NONE of those dresses looked good on me or were even remotely flattering to my body type. I was ssoo bummed out.

However, I was with my Mom and she kept giving me these styles that are NOTHING like what I envisioned wearing. But that is what I got. A gorgeous dress that I NEVER would have tried on or picked out on my own ... but I LOVE LOVE LOVE it ... AND it was REALLY marked down!

#12 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
    • 716 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 03:50 PM

I completely relate to wanting to go alone. I planned to go for the first time by myself too. I booked an appointment and took the day off from work to go in peace and try on dresses.

Since I'd never tried on a dress, I just wanted to do it in peace and relish the experience, but my sister found out I was going and insisted on joining. She told me it was a bad idea to go alone and said part of the fun was the company.

Inevitably, I was glad she was there, but the next week I snuck off to a shop on my own! Tee hee!

#13 ajncooter

ajncooter
      • 983 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 04:44 PM

I went by myself and loved it!

#14 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 04:53 PM

I went by myself the first time, and it was kinda fun to look at whatever I wanted and not worry about other opinions! When I actually bought my dress I just brought my best friend whose opinion I trusted.

#15 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 05:02 PM

I never went by myself... I always took someone else with a camera.... Can't wait to see how it went...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users