#1 courtnjay2012

courtnjay2012
  • Site Supporter
  • 4 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 31, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Puerto Vallarta
  • LocationNew York

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:42 AM

Hey everyone so originally I was planning on a destination wedding in Turks and Caicos but recently have decided on the Bahamas. I was just wondering if you would recommend using the planner from the resort or invest in your own wedding planner.

courtney

#2 ladebug577

ladebug577
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:56 PM

I would use the planners from the resorts.  A lot of the resorts charge extra fees to use their properties when you have an outside wedding planner!

#3 skp1

skp1
    • 405 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:07 AM

Based on all the comments I've been reading here, it all depends on the resort.  Some have great wedding coordinators and some have non-responsive ones.  I'm getting married at Atlantis and so far I ahve been pleased.

Steph & John........Atlantis.......June 18, 2011......happily married

#4 md2002

md2002
      • 79 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 10:50 AM

I personally did mostly everything myself and saved thousands of dollars. Like others said it depends on the resort and what they are going to do for you. There is nothing they are going to do that you can't do yourself, it just all depends on how much you want to do.

#5 dine.conway

dine.conway
        • 10 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:13 AM

My wedding is not at a big resort, but instead it is at a small boutique hotel. I found that I wanted eyes and ears over there on my behalf. Most vendors in the Bahamas seem to be on Island time, and being a detail oriented bride, I found that it was taking to long to get replies on my specific questions. I am using Victoria Sarne as my WP. She is not actually from the bahamas, but lives there. Everything goes through her. I tell her what I want and then she comes back with a few options. It is much less stressful with her help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users