help please :)

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
  • 600 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:57 AM

It depends on what you are looking for.  How many people?  Do they all need to stay in the same hotel or is it ok to book 3 small boutique hotels right next to each other in order to get all of your rooms?   Do you want all-inclusive or would a private home with a kitchen or even possibly a private chef?  Would you rather stay in boutique hotels with a small restaurant on site?

#22 kcho2307

• 11 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:33 AM

I think there will be 60-80 guests. We are opting to stay in the Playa region, then transport people to Tulum for the wedding. Some of us will go a week prior to the event and hang out in Tulum for a few days and relax.  It's difficult to have everyone stay there, b/c there are several guests who will not be ok with the lack of A/C.  

#23 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
      • 600 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:43 PM

Sorry - I missed your post.

60-80 people in one place is a little hard to do in Tulum.  Especially with A/C.  However, if you are looking for a place to stay the week before with your smaller group that may be easier.  If you have 12 people I would recommend El Pez.  If you are thinking a house rental would work for you I would look at Rancho San Eric.  La Luna offers a great value and Playa Azul just had a great restauarant open.  It's hard to make a recommendation without knowing the specifics.  You really can't go wrong with anywhere in Tulum.

#24 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
        • 600 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:45 PM

Oh - and for in Playa I would recommend Mesquito Blue - but not their beach location.  I like their location off 5th a lot more.  It's just prettier and more intimate.  You still have access to their beach though, so you get the best of both worlds.  If you want something really intimate I would recommend Tides or La Reve, depending on your budget.  They are next door to each other so they share the same beach.

#25 Sandra Lue

Sandra Lue
          • 92 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 04:43 PM

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! I second the beach club idea. I saw some pictures earlier this year and it looked nice.

#26 corbeil

• 190 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 06:34 PM

Congrats and welcome to the forum.

#27 Mistinicole

• 155 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 10:13 AM

welcome to your new obsession!!!  :)

#28 kashad

• 168 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 05:49 PM

Congrats & Welcome to the forum!!!!!

#29 kate0614

• 29 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:15 AM

It sounds like your wedding must have taken place last Spring.  If you have time would you be able to post a review?  I just got engaged and am also considering Ak'iin and Ana y Jose (also Cabanas Tulum, El Pez, and la Zebra).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users