To wear, or not to wear....

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Susan'n'Dean

Susan'n'Dean
  • 173 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:32 AM

A necklace with my dress???

Please give me your honest opinions. I am wearing a bracelet and small earrings, but i wasnt going to bother with a necklace because there is alot of detail at the top of my dress. Its only since my mum said to me so what necklace are you wearing, that ive thought oh maybe i should wear one. Now im just confused and cant make a decision. If im honest i dont think i have the money for a necklace now as i have less than 2 weeks to go, but if i do need one i will find money from my savings.

Please help me to decide!

DSC00020.jpg

#2 Susan'n'Dean

Susan'n'Dean
    • 173 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:33 AM

I will also have my hair half up half down, with a veil and tiara.

#3 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
      • 2,233 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 05:33 AM

hmmmm thats a good question. your dress has alot of detail, so if you did wear a necklace I don't think I would wear anyting to big. maybe something that falls just below the neckline.  But honestly it looks great without one

July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#4 lalanyc

lalanyc
        • 363 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 06:34 AM

I also dont think you need it.  You have a beautiful neck! :)

My advice would be to buy a necklace if you are nervous about not having one and then RETURN it if you decide not to use it the day of the wedding.  Once you see yourself done up (and get your BM's opinions), you may feel more comfortable leaving it out.  But I understand not want to have that nagging feeling inside in the meantime... 

#5 lisa203

lisa203
          • 681 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:50 AM

I'd skip a necklace if it were me. The detailing on the top is enough in my opinion and you'll look fantastic!

#6 smallvolume123

smallvolume123
            • Banned
            • 11 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:32 AM

Wear a necklace is a good choice, I think.

http://www.goodorien...prom_Dress_C333

#7 Susan'n'Dean

Susan'n'Dean
              • 173 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:56 AM

Thanks for your opinions guys. And by the way, i have never been told i have a beautiful neck before, so thank you lol

#8 niajs

niajs
                • 214 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:09 AM

I wouldn't bother, the dress has enough detail by itself. It's stunning BTW! (nice to see another UK bride too!)

#9 clgriffi7

clgriffi7
                  • Banned
                  • 630 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:15 AM

I wouldn't wear a necklace if I were you.  Do you normally wear a lot of jewelry?  Imagine looking at your wedding pictures...are you likely to think that everything looks a bit too busy?  I think it is better to error on the side of simplicity compared to "busy".

I don't plan on wearing one and my dress does not have any of the detailing around the top.  But I normally do not wear earrings and a necklace and I think I will look at my pictures and not feel like they are "me".  Good luck - your dress is beautiful and I am sure it will look wonderful whichever way you decide to go.

#10 Susan'n'Dean

Susan'n'Dean
                    • 173 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:20 AM

I dont normally wear much jewellery, mainly because my jobs over the years havent allowed it and so i havent bothered in my own time either. I think i will go with what i and the majority of you have said and not wear a necklace.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users