Jump to content
bikegirl

Paradisus Punta Cana (PPC) Brides POST HERE!!

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Pris View Post


Thank you!! Luckily I do speak Spanish :) I just don't know how I want my hair yet!! sad.gif(( do they have styles or magazines that we can choose hairstyles from? Or would you really recommend me to get a trial do at home? Also, did you say that you had the grilled buffet? If so how was it?

They did bring a book to the bridal salon, but it looked a little dated. I think that if you don't want to get a trial done up here, you should bring a photo of what you'd like your hair to look like. The girl I got (can't remember her name) was really good, so I wouldn't worry too much! I was really impressed by her!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies, 1Pris I have all the same concerns you have, I have no idea if I should do a trial on my hair, do I really want to spend the extra money to do that?  I didn't even think about a rehearsal dinner until now? My package that I choose comes with a free one hour welcome cocktail party per 10 guests that I am having, do you think it would be fine to use that as my rehearsal dinner? Are you using the in house decorations place? I got a quote of 85 plus tax(which their tax rate is crazy expensive, so it comes to 107 per centerpiece). It seems expensive for a centerpiece so basic. But is it worth all the extra headache of bringing down my own centerpieces? What have you decided on?

Krissta, your photos are beautiful, did you use Arrefice? What month did you have your wedding in? Any advice for welcome bags do's and don'ts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookesileo View Post
 

Hi Ladies, 1Pris I have all the same concerns you have, I have no idea if I should do a trial on my hair, do I really want to spend the extra money to do that?  I didn't even think about a rehearsal dinner until now? My package that I choose comes with a free one hour welcome cocktail party per 10 guests that I am having, do you think it would be fine to use that as my rehearsal dinner? Are you using the in house decorations place? I got a quote of 85 plus tax(which their tax rate is crazy expensive, so it comes to 107 per centerpiece). It seems expensive for a centerpiece so basic. But is it worth all the extra headache of bringing down my own centerpieces? What have you decided on?

Krissta, your photos are beautiful, did you use Arrefice? What month did you have your wedding in? Any advice for welcome bags do's and don'ts?

I got a trial hairstyle done in Toronto which cost me $45. I wouldn't pay to get the trial at the resort as they quoted me $80 - and that would also take time away from your vacation! Just make sure you bring pics of what you're looking for, the hairstylist is really good at recreating it!

I had the Chill Out Chic package, which did not include a Welcome Party. I had one anyway on the Nova Terrace. There I handed out my Welcome Bags. It was a great idea because everyone got to see who is in our group! It was an hour, which was more than enough time. 

I did not do a Rehearsal Dinner, and if you want to save money, I would skip it. The day we met with Miguelina to finalize our wedding (the day before), she drove us around the resort and we looked at the ceremony location (the beach) and the reception area (the pool). Miguelina is really organized and on the day of, everyone knew where to be. I told the girls to meet in the Bridal Suite at 1:30 and my husband told the groomsmen to meet in my brother's room for 2pm. No worries about walking down the aisle and stuff, it's not a huge walk, so not having a rehearsal was no big deal.

I chose not to pay for the $100+ centrepieces ... I paid $5 per glass tea light holder through Lara. I brought my own tea lights. My reception was poolside which was ambience enough. It looked amazing. I went for simple and it looked beautiful with the palm trees and the pool. 

I got married on November 11th of this year. We did use Arrecife and I cannot say enough about how wonderful they are. Joaquin was our photographer and Taimir helped us organize everything. Our photos are amazing and we have so many. We chose the Silver package which include videography. We ended up with a 1.5 hour long wedding video! They are truly amazing.

In my Welcome Bags (80 people, 1 bag per couple + bags for the tween girls and children) were flip flops (from Old Navy's $1 sale back in June), packages of advil, tums, pepto, mini aloe, door hangers (from Etsy), Timeline (strongly recommend, also from Etsy), etc. Kiddies I got them sand pails, flip flops, sunscreen, crayons and colouring book, etc. Tween girls - magazine, nail polish, hair clips, etc. The Welcome Bags cost me quite a pretty penny, but everyone enjoyed them!

Hope this helps! Let me know if you want to know anything else!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks so much for the info. we are actually doing all the same locations.. gazebo, pool and nova for welcome party.. for your table did you only use tea light candles? I was talking to my sisters about doing that and I got the 3rd degree.. I don't see a point in spending so much on the centerpieces when the atmosphere is gorgeous. Did you add the chinese laterns that hang around the poolside? Are u able to were heals down the aisle for the ceremony? Sorry if.I am harassing you :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookesileo View Post
 

Hi Ladies, 1Pris I have all the same concerns you have, I have no idea if I should do a trial on my hair, do I really want to spend the extra money to do that?  I didn't even think about a rehearsal dinner until now? My package that I choose comes with a free one hour welcome cocktail party per 10 guests that I am having, do you think it would be fine to use that as my rehearsal dinner? Are you using the in house decorations place? I got a quote of 85 plus tax(which their tax rate is crazy expensive, so it comes to 107 per centerpiece). It seems expensive for a centerpiece so basic. But is it worth all the extra headache of bringing down my own centerpieces? What have you decided on?

Krissta, your photos are beautiful, did you use Arrefice? What month did you have your wedding in? Any advice for welcome bags do's and don'ts?

I think I am going to go ahead and get the trial do back at home and take lots of pictures. I agree that the one hour welcome party would be fine for your rehearsal dinner. I only have 20 people in my guest list so I don't feel the need to have a welcome dinner. We are all going to hang out anyway since my guests are immediate family members. 

Also, I am not using the in house decorations. I am bringing my own beautiful silver candle votives with battery tea lights. I am renting vases and just sticking our fresh flower bouquets in them as centerpieces. I will also have the oriental chinese lanterns for my lighting. I think the best advice that I have heard: dont worry too much about details because you are already in a beautiful location. Keep it simple and avoid a headache. :) 

Also, I am giving my guests a souvenir tote bag with our names and wedding date. I am not spending money to stuff it though. I am bringing a good amount of items as it is and dont want to bring any more than I have to. BTW I ordered my bags from zazzle.com and absolutely love them. This site always has great buys! Good luck with planning! My big day is December 8th and I will definitely come back to review the experience! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by kissta View Post
 

They did bring a book to the bridal salon, but it looked a little dated. I think that if you don't want to get a trial done up here, you should bring a photo of what you'd like your hair to look like. The girl I got (can't remember her name) was really good, so I wouldn't worry too much! I was really impressed by her!

Thank you for your feedback!! One more thing: did you have the grilled buffet? If so, how was it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Pris View Post

Thank you for your feedback!! One more thing: did you have the grilled buffet? If so, how was it?

 

We changed to the grill buffet - option 1 last minute and it was AMAZING! I enjoyed all of the food they had out at the buffet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by brookesileo View Post

thanks so much for the info. we are actually doing all the same locations.. gazebo, pool and nova for welcome party.. for your table did you only use tea light candles? I was talking to my sisters about doing that and I got the 3rd degree.. I don't see a point in spending so much on the centerpieces when the atmosphere is gorgeous. Did you add the chinese laterns that hang around the poolside? Are u able to were heals down the aisle for the ceremony? Sorry if.I am harassing you sad.gif

 

We did add the Chinese Lanterns around our poolside reception. It was so beautiful. And with the palm trees, the lights, and the pool, it was really enough ambience. So I did just go with the glass, small vases that I put a tea light in. Also, I did wear heels for the wedding. I rented 2x the white runners from Lara, which helped for walking down the aisle. My father and husband knew walking in heels would be hard so they both made sure I didn't fall. I am fine with walking in heels, so it wasn't that hard, but I won't lie. I had killer blisters on my feet from trying to walk on my tippy toes in the sand. But it was worth it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got back from wedding at PPC on Saturday and it was fricking amazing!!!! I had the time of my life. I can honestly say that the week we were there, was the most fun & happiest I have ever been!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are some pictures from my wedding!! HDC Photography was absolutely amazing! I don't regret a dime I spent on them :) 

 

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×