Photo

When do we Register?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 aaost7

aaost7
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:21 PM

Our wedding is July 16, 2011. I was wondering when do we register? And if we are putting the places we register at should we have them on there as soon as we make our website?

#2 mrs*j*2011

mrs*j*2011
    • Banned
    • 206 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:01 AM

I would wait a while to register if you're wedding isn't for 10+ months, at least til after the new year.  Who knows, you might register for stuff the store no longer carries by the time people get around to purchasing gifts. 

I registered 3 months before my shower.  It was a little soon but my mom was in town and she wanted to come with me.

~~ Lea ~~
      January 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Royal Caribbean
      (honeymooning at Couples Negril)

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/xRI3m4.png

#3 katieandaron

katieandaron
      • 35 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:43 AM

We registered right away and good thing, as people brought gifts to our engagement party a month later.  So instead of getting chotchtkies and ugly platters, we got a few place settings and other stuff we wanted.

Originally Posted by aaost7 

Our wedding is July 16, 2011. I was wondering when do we register? And if we are putting the places we register at should we have them on there as soon as we make our website?

#4 Jenny310

Jenny310
        • 245 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:26 AM

We registered just before our engagement party for the same reason. Pleople ended up getting us things we really wanted.

#5 asimpler

asimpler
          • Banned
          • 18 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:34 PM

I'd wait until about 3 months before your shower.  Most people wouldn't buy a gift further than that in advance and then you risk having people forget.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users