Jump to content

Photo

Group booking question, price increase


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Lite

Lite
  • Newbie
  • 96 posts

    Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:15 PM

    Our TA said that our early booking bonus with our resort, Dreams Tulum expired Aug 28.  We had to get 10 guests paid in full to qualify for a group package.  The advantage to the "group" would be if they price went down before we left, we could get a one time price reductions with the tour group, Sunwing.  We didn't get 10 ppl booked.  We have eight, who paid in FULL. 

     

    I've been dealing with my TA thru email mostly, spoke briefly on the phone.  Anyways, she's saying now that if we don't get two more paid by December, our prices will go up.  How can they go up if we've already paid in full??  Has anyone had this or heard of such a thing? 

     

    She is totally confusing, and when i question it, the story seems to change as do the numbers and dates....



    #2 murmel

    murmel
    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 1,407 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 24, 2011
    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori Mayan Riveria

    Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:17 PM

    Usually they will only give you a group rate for 10 people and up. We did a group booking (in May), through Signature vacations, but flight is with Sunwing. We had to put the deposits down to hold the group rate til August 31, if we didn't fill our said number of deposits, we just forfeit the extra deposits....but don't lose the group rate. (ie. We put down $5000, $200 each for 25 seats. We need 25 guests to book by August 31, if not we don't get the extra deposit cash back. So if we only have 20 guests book, we would only be credited $4000, and lose the extra $1000)

     

    But if your guests have already paid in full, I can't see them charging them more after the fact....it seems really strange to me! You may lose the lower price promotion, but that's it. I would personally call Sunwing directly and find out if the price of your package can go up. But usually a full payment is a full contract and can't be changed in my opinion! Good luck. Let us know what happens.


    Married my best friend on January 24, 2011 at Azul Sensatori! :wub:

     

    Ambassador for Azul Sensatori and Karisma resorts

     

    Official Azul Sensatori thread:

    http://www.bestdesti... azul sensatori

     

    Recommended Travel agency: Wright Travel

    http://www.wrighttravelagency.com/


    #3 sunstarsmoon

    sunstarsmoon
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,233 posts

      Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:03 AM

       I booked a group with Sunwing.  My client had to have 10 people book (5 rooms double occupancy) they only had to pay 150.00 deposit each.  We could not get a price reduction for the group. BUT I had a straggler book about 3 weeks after deadline and their price was a bit cheaper.  We had up to last payment to add to the group! Which is 45 days before departure.

       

      We also did not book the group till about 6 months before the travel dates

       

      Also no names had to be given to Sunwing until final payment date which is this week.  But at anytime Sunwing can ask for names associated with each room type.

       

      I would phone the office of the travel agent and have her clarify.  Maybe the prices will go up but if you are locked into a group rate that the price should not go up.  ALSO if you have had people pay the entire amount you would surely have enough for 5 rooms with deposits. Since I have never heard of having to pay in full to secure a group only a certain number of deposits.

       

      The only thing after you pay in full that you might have to pay extra could be the taxes but honestly I have never seen that happen.  The taxes did go up on my group but only those that booked after the taxes went up were charged not those that had deposits down.

       

      I hope I am making sense lol.

       

      I agree with murmel. Phone Sunwing!  I love Sunwing they are so easy to deal with and everytime I phone for personal or business they are always more than helpful even with my silly questions that usually have the answer starring me in the face!  You should be able just to use your booking number when you talk to them.  If you can't just hang up and phone back you will get another agent and just ask them their policies for group rates and also mention the hotel you will be staying at maybe they have some wierd group rate policies or something and thats why you had to pay in full!

       

       

       

      Let us know what happens!


      July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

      #4 cookiemunchkin

      cookiemunchkin
      • Jr. Member
      • 376 posts

        Posted 31 August 2010 - 07:24 AM

        I'm not sure if your rate is similar to mine... but we are also booking at Dreams Tulum through Sunwing, and I know that our rate is based on an offer through Dreams where every 6th room is free.  So in order to actually get that rate, you would need to book 12 people (6 rooms).  You may have been quoted that "discounted" price, and they are basically saying that if you dont get 12 people to get the extra free room, each person will end up paying a non-discounted price. 

         

        Does that help?

         

        Also, my TA has told us that we have until today to get people booked and paid in full, not Aug 28.  Maybe check that with your TA?  I'm not sure if ours just managed to negotiate a better deadline for us or if Aug 31 really is the deadline... but it wouldn't hurt to check in your case so you can get a few more ppl booked today if possible.



         

        Originally Posted by Lite 

        Our TA said that our early booking bonus with our resort, Dreams Tulum expired Aug 28.  We had to get 10 guests paid in full to qualify for a group package.  The advantage to the "group" would be if they price went down before we left, we could get a one time price reductions with the tour group, Sunwing.  We didn't get 10 ppl booked.  We have eight, who paid in FULL. 

         

        I've been dealing with my TA thru email mostly, spoke briefly on the phone.  Anyways, she's saying now that if we don't get two more paid by December, our prices will go up.  How can they go up if we've already paid in full??  Has anyone had this or heard of such a thing? 

         

        She is totally confusing, and when i question it, the story seems to change as do the numbers and dates....





        #5 Lite

        Lite
        • Newbie
        • 96 posts

          Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:03 AM

          Thanks for your replies.


          Even if the deadline was today, no one is interested in paying the rate we have right now, as it's advertised cheaper online.

          My TA said she'd get back to me on the large price difference which went down the day after we paid in full, $900 difference...

          I just hope something can be done, if we are locked into those prices because we were advised to pay in full 6 months in advance, i will not be a happy bride!!!

          I'm hoping my TA steps up to the plate and i don't have to call Sunwing to sort this, isn't that why i choose her to do her job/the work?

           

          I think i scared alot of our guests off by posting what our TA had told us.  About the price increasing significantly and putting the pressure to pay in full by August 27 when our flight leaves Feb 19. 

           

          Might be a very intimate wedding......



          #6 cookiemunchkin

          cookiemunchkin
          • Jr. Member
          • 376 posts

            Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:14 AM

            I really hope this gets sorted out for you today!  I can imagine how stressful this is for you.  Hoping that at the very least, that one-time price reduction can be used for you and your guests.

             

            Originally Posted by Lite 

            Thanks for your replies.


            Even if the deadline was today, no one is interested in paying the rate we have right now, as it's advertised cheaper online.

            My TA said she'd get back to me on the large price difference which went down the day after we paid in full, $900 difference...

            I just hope something can be done, if we are locked into those prices because we were advised to pay in full 6 months in advance, i will not be a happy bride!!!

            I'm hoping my TA steps up to the plate and i don't have to call Sunwing to sort this, isn't that why i choose her to do her job/the work?

             

            I think i scared alot of our guests off by posting what our TA had told us.  About the price increasing significantly and putting the pressure to pay in full by August 27 when our flight leaves Feb 19. 

             

            Might be a very intimate wedding......





            #7 SKing24

            SKing24
            • Jr. Member
            • 265 posts

              Posted 31 August 2010 - 03:02 PM

              Aww I hope it works out for you too!  There's no way prices should go up for anyone who paid in full.  I'm also a little concerned that prices will go down for my group and we're locked into a higher rate.  I guess I should ask my TA about that.


              Erin & Shane ~ Now Jade Riviera Cancun ~ May 6, 2011

              #8 Lite

              Lite
              • Newbie
              • 96 posts

                Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:27 PM

                So this is bullshit.  Sunwing won't price match Air Canada.  TA is suggestiing canceling, losing our deposits as it will still work out in our favour price wise.  But i still need to find two ppl to make our group ten.  Noone is interested in making full payment in August, September now i guess. Ugh.

                 

                Canadian brides, Air Canada has the Garden room rate at $1864 for my week in Feb, we paid $2063.  We've upgraded to the Ocean room, and our savings will be $1000.00  Check out air canada right now if you can, and if you are with Air Canada ask for a price match!!

                 

                And yes she said that if we dont' get 10 ppl in our group, they will charge the rest of us more money in December!!!  It's sunwings "rules".   So ridiculous. 



                #9 cookiemunchkin

                cookiemunchkin
                • Jr. Member
                • 376 posts

                  Posted 01 September 2010 - 06:35 AM

                  That's so frustrating!  Are you rebooking with Air Canada then?  I really hope this gets sorted out for you.

                   

                  Originally Posted by Lite 

                  So this is bullshit.  Sunwing won't price match Air Canada.  TA is suggestiing canceling, losing our deposits as it will still work out in our favour price wise.  But i still need to find two ppl to make our group ten.  Noone is interested in making full payment in August, September now i guess. Ugh.

                   

                  Canadian brides, Air Canada has the Garden room rate at $1864 for my week in Feb, we paid $2063.  We've upgraded to the Ocean room, and our savings will be $1000.00  Check out air canada right now if you can, and if you are with Air Canada ask for a price match!!

                   

                  And yes she said that if we dont' get 10 ppl in our group, they will charge the rest of us more money in December!!!  It's sunwings "rules".   So ridiculous. 





                  #10 AshleyL

                  AshleyL
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 263 posts

                    Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:20 AM

                    All of these rules are so frustrating. We have to have 10 booked by October 28th for our group rate, and I'm worried because a lot of people have decided to look for better rates online. I need to talk to my TA and find out if it's bride and groom plus 10, or if we count towards the 10? I know kids don't can't towards that number...
                    Getting married in Runaway Bay, Jamaica February 2011!!!




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users