Photo

Whats your ethnic background?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 DanaWhite

DanaWhite
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:26 PM

I saw this asked on another forum and thought it would be fun.

My dads German my moms French.

#2 DWBride615

DWBride615
    • 852 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 12:29 AM

I'm what some people would call a mutt lol I have 6 different ethnic backgrounds. I'm Peruvian, Bolivian, Spanish, Italian, English, and of course, North American (both Canada and the states). My dad and his family were born in Peru. My mom was born in Bolivia(but moved to Peru). My maternal grandparents were born in Spain and my maternal grandmother's parents: mother was from England, father was from Italy. Out of seven kids, my sister and I were born in the states (Cali), but the rest of my siblings were born in Peru.

Plenty of ethnic background to share =]

*~*Chelsea & Eric*~* {{New wedding Date...Same Growing Love}} October 13, 2012 (Rome, Italy)

#3 Dilara

Dilara
      • 233 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:52 PM

My dad is from India, my mom is from Pakistan and I was born in Italy...  we now all live in Canada.

#4 want2gosouth

want2gosouth
        • 155 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 12:54 PM

Both Parents born in Portugal...my moms parents came to portugal from England and Germany, and my dads parents came to portugal from Brazil!

#5 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
          • 328 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 11:03 AM

My family is Jamaican by birth and descent (including my sister and I). On my mother's side, we have Indian (from India) and Scottish. My father's side has been virtually unchanged since the Africans were brought to Jamaica. The oral history says they're from Nigeria and Ghana.

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
            Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

#6 schmizer

schmizer
            • 213 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 06:53 AM

German all the way:)  My FI is Taiwanese.

#7 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
              • 1,131 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 12:53 PM

My family is from Jamaica, beyond my grandparents it ranges from everywhere I can't even start to explain...I'm a mut just like most.  My FI is from Haiti

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
                ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#8 MissHoneyBee

MissHoneyBee
                • 82 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:58 PM

My mother is from Jamaican and my dad is from Cleveland by way of St. Louis.  I was born and raised in Cleveland.  My fiance is Guyanese and we both have lots of West Indian relatives.  I'm so happy to be marrying at the Riu Montego Bay so my 91 year old great-grandfather can make the trip from Westmoreland (Jamaica). It will also feel good to be in my mom's hometown since she passed away and won't be able to see me on my special day.  She'll be there in spirit, I'm sure.

Together we can conquer the world.
                  M+D -- May 25, 2012 - Iberostar Rose Hall Grand

87 booked and counting!

#9 mmcst38

mmcst38
                  • 237 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

My great grandfather came from Ireland ( to the states) when he was 9, his wife came from Novia Scotia her family was from France, my other Grandparents are Russian and what they always called Johnnybull which I am told is an English Mix (Welsh,English Etc) So I like Most am a Mutt.....My FI is Italian and "Hunky" Hungarian

May 13, 2011
                    Riu Resort
                    Ochos Rios Jamaica

#10 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
                    • 1,131 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 05:23 PM

MissHoneyBee --- That is the exact reason I choose Jamaica also my mom who passed away is also originally from Montego Bay.

Originally Posted by MissHoneyBee 

My mother is from Jamaican and my dad is from Cleveland by way of St. Louis.  I was born and raised in Cleveland.  My fiance is Guyanese and we both have lots of West Indian relatives.  I'm so happy to be marrying at the Riu Montego Bay so my 91 year old great-grandfather can make the trip from Westmoreland (Jamaica). It will also feel good to be in my mom's hometown since she passed away and won't be able to see me on my special day.  She'll be there in spirit, I'm sure.

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
                      ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users