Miss Dora - SPAM!!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ravywedding

Ravywedding
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:59 PM

Hi Ladies,

I don't know if I am the first/only one, but I got the following spam message from a "Miss Dora"

HELLO MY DEAR.NICE MEETING YOU.
    HOW ARE YOU OVER THERE IN YOUR COUNTRY HOPE FINE.GLORY BE TO GOD.
    MY NAME IS MISS DORA (kanto).
    I SAW YOUR POST WHEN I WAS BROWSING IN (www.bestdestinationwedding.com) AND I AM INTERESTED IN MAKING FRIEND WITH YOU.FOR MORE INTRODUCTION PLEASE REPLY ME THROUGH MY EMAIL ADDRESS AND I WILL SEND YOU MY PICTURE FOR YOU TO KNOW WHAT I LOOK LIKE. HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU WITH LOTS OF LOVE.

Not quite sure what Miss Dora is trying to accomplish here...(luckily no viruses) but I want to let you girls know so you can block her email: fatea_mendy20@yahoo.co.in

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:32 PM

how did you receive this message, was it an email or a PM via the forum?

#3 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:47 AM

I just got this via email-it went to my spam folder but it was the exact wording as above.

Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 lisa203

lisa203
      • 681 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:52 AM

"MISS DORA" just emailed me too.

#5 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:56 AM

So how is she getting people's email addresses? Are they public?  I just checked my profile and I don't see mine listed, but maybe I marked it private or something?

#6 AlexsBride

AlexsBride
          • 401 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:06 AM

i got it too, posted in the other thread about it. there must be a way she got the emails, because i have never posted mine...

Mom to two beautiful girls, Izzy and Delilah and about to marry their Daddy! :)

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:39 AM

I have made Tammy aware of this (I got the email too) so I am sure she will be looking into this with the tech. team.  You likely had to use an email address to regsiter for the site, but no, they're not public.

#8 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:41 AM

as stated in the other thread about this exact same thing, she got your email addresses because you posted them on the forum.

it is why i always tell people not to post their email addys especially when asking to downloads, pics to be emailed, etc....

http://www.bestdesti...e-on-this-forum

thread closed

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users