Photo

Excellence Punta Cana Bride - I do or I don't?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 soon2bmrs

soon2bmrs
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 09:46 AM

Let the complaints roll

The family members who can't attend our wedding are starting to question the destination decision.  The future hubby is starting to reconsider our destination plans.  I wanted a destination wedding to avoid an overwhelming guest list/expenses.  How have you all been able to minimize the stress?  Also, if the guests can't afford to stay at your hotel, were any of you able to get their "non-guest" fees waived?

Hope to hear from you:-)

#2 Debs

Debs
    • VIP Member
    • 7,104 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:23 AM

The family members who can't attend our wedding are starting to question the destination decision.

It's not up to your family to question your decision. It's YOUR decision.  Don't let family deter your decision to do what's best for you and FI.

I would say 80-90% of us have gone through this, so you are SO not alone. 

#3 dania

dania
      • Site Supporter
      • 75 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 09:17 AM

As Debs said, "It's not up to your family to question your decision. It's YOUR decision"

It is your wedding!!! If you and yor FI want to have a destination wedding, you should go head and do it. and the people who really want to be there for you, are going to be there no matter what.

I asked all my guests to stay with us at our resort. I figure, if they travel all the way for our wedding, they should stay with us. We tried to help our guests out by hired a TA that gave us a good group discount so my guests have 2 options, either jump in the boat and use our TA or they are own they own. One thing for sure, my FI and I are having a destination wedding and we are going to enjoy  it!!!

So far, we have about 23 rooms booked at our resort and about 50 people booked.

So make sure you stand on your desicion and tell you guests your wish either they could join you in your dream wedding or stay behind...just tell them you love them either way

wedding website

#4 soon2bmrs

soon2bmrs
        • 10 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:49 AM

Thanks so much ladies for the words of encouragement.  I really needed them b/c planning this wedding is hectic enough.

#5 want2gosouth

want2gosouth
          • 155 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:20 AM

Put yourself first...this day is for you and your fiance...people will come.

#6 Punta Cana Weddings

Punta Cana Weddings
            • Banned
            • 217 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:11 AM

My Punta Cana Weddings

5u84f48n.gif

www.mypuntacanaweddings.com                      info@mypuntacanaweddings.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users