Photo

Cramming too much in??

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 PVBride

PVBride
  • 443 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:54 PM

After much research, we finally settled on a company to do our Group Canopy Tour (Vallarta Adventures - The Outdoor Challenge). The only downside is that the tour would leave at 7:45 a.m. on guest's first full day in PV. This means that everyone going on the tour would miss the hotel's free breakfast, and have to get up early after our welcome dinner the night before.

Should I find another tour that leaves later in the day?? Or is this not a big deal?

(Sorry if this is a silly question! I am starting to stress out over little details !! :))

Thanks for your opinions! Jackie

#2 Jackie

Jackie
    • 2,290 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:07 PM

Thats a tough one. If I were you I wouldnt do it so early the first full day there and the day after the welcome dinner. Is there any other time you can go. You want to make sure your guests feel relaxed, and this could be to much in to little of a time slot for most people but what a great idea the canapoy tour sounds really cool.
      My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#3 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:40 PM

I would try for later in the day. You don't want everyone to feel like they need to head to bed early on the night of your welcome dinner.

#4 PVBride

PVBride
        • 443 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:59 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jilly76
          I would try for later in the day. You don't want everyone to feel like they need to head to bed early on the night of your welcome dinner.

I totally agree - Unfortunately, the tour only leaves once a day, at 8 a.m.

Why are all of these little decisions sooo tough!?

#5 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
          • VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:11 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by PVBride
            I totally agree - Unfortunately, the tour only leaves once a day, at 8 a.m.

Why are all of these little decisions sooo tough!?
            That is a tough one! Can you go with another group tour (maybe your second choice) that leaves later in the day? Or can you schedule the tour for a different day?

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#6 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 3,754 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:34 PM

i don't think you should worry too much about it. I'm sure some guests will be a tad grumpy, but they'll get over it once they arrive.

I've read reviews where people have done some sort of activity the morning of the wedding and still managed to have a great time.

Can you ask PF if they can accomidate your group and have breakfast, or maybe just a continental breakfast, early?

#7 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
              • VIP Member
              • 4,791 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:35 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by amyh
                Can you ask PF if they can accomidate your group and have breakfast, or maybe just a continental breakfast, early?
                That's a great idea if you do decide to continue with the early morning trip.

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#8 DreamsTulumBride

DreamsTulumBride
                • 766 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:38 PM

Is there something else you can all do? personnally, since it's the 1st full day there not to forget after the welcome diner, I think some people might not be too happy about it... I wouldn't but I figure some would.

Why not ask a few people going with you. Pay attention to their body language and that should give you yor answer !

#9 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 18,759 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:43 PM

I wouldn't want to miss breakfast. I would not feel good doing something that active if I hadn't eaten.

#10 Chiquita

Chiquita
                    • 2,674 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:47 PM

Could you maybe do it the following day? Have the welcome dinner, the next day is for relaxing etc, then have a day trip? Or is that the day of your wedding?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users