Jump to content

Photo

2011 Iberostar Brides


  • Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

#321 Hannah5611

Hannah5611
  • Newbie
  • 91 posts

    Posted 18 May 2011 - 09:07 AM

    Here is my ceremony and reception set up ;)

     

    227840_10150184693744330_500709329_6847805_5213523_n.JPG

     

    222325_1760422373525_1328033895_31687583_3276271_n.JPG

     

    225852_1760422653532_1328033895_31687585_5829088_n.JPG

     

    229560_1760422573530_1328033895_31687584_2887051_n.JPG

     

    230293_1760422773535_1328033895_31687586_873123_n.JPG



    #322 nucci

    nucci
    • Newbie
    • 77 posts

      Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:01 AM

      Hey Ladies...just wanted to give my input!

       

      There are plenty of things for kids to do.  They have an activity board by the pools that had what is going on every day and the times.  They are always doing competitions at the pools and it's really fun to just watch haha.  At night they have different shows too which is good for all ages.

       

      As for dinner options...We had 2 choices: salmon and beef tenderloin.  We also asked to have different sides.  Karla can ask the chef and let you know what other options there are.  Having 3 choices might be a lot but you can always ask.  Don't forget they have a whole buffet set up for apps and salads too.  In my opinion the salmon was the best!

       

      I said it in my review but I'll say it again and agree with Hannah: They are strict and can come off rude/mean.  I wish I would have been more assertive in the beginning with some issues I was having BUT remember they are working for you!  So if you want something demand it!  Don't worry about your actual ceremony and reception because they will be perfect...other things might not be so much haha.  Good luck!

       

      PS How are you ladies posting pics on here??



      #323 Hannah5611

      Hannah5611
      • Newbie
      • 91 posts

        Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:30 AM


        I had a completely different dinner option - my guests had to choose from 5 options but I have no idea how I got that menu?!?  Maybe a difference between Del Mar and Lindo??  I got to pick a menu, and I chose the Italian - We had to choose from Filet Mignon, Snapper, Chicken, or Lobster Medallions and it was ALL very good!! The best food was the reception food ;) 

         

        Katie - there is a toolbar at the top of this box when you are posting...there is the paperclip for attachments but if you look to the left of that there is a little picture (next to the video) - you can click on the that little picture (and if you hold your mouse over it, it iwll say "insert picture")....then you can upload the pics from your computer ;)  

         

        PS- for anyone who LOVES tequilla, I JUST found out that the rolling bar that went around my reception that I thought was so cool was a Tequilla bar (haha...I didnt even notice it was ALL tequilla) that my dad had ordered because my family LOVES tequilla...it isnt on the list of things you can order but it was REALLY cool and we drank 2 full bottles of Mezcal AND ate the worms..lol..gross, I know!! 

         

        I also had the cigar roller - I ended up buying like 20 cigars - it was around $150-200 but my guests enjoyed it.  You can also have him come and roll cigars and have your guests pay for them - they range from $3-6 ...

         

        Here is a pic of the tequilla bar on wheels!!! AWESOME!

         



        Hey Ladies...just wanted to give my input!

         

        There are plenty of things for kids to do.  They have an activity board by the pools that had what is going on every day and the times.  They are always doing competitions at the pools and it's really fun to just watch haha.  At night they have different shows too which is good for all ages.

         

        As for dinner options...We had 2 choices: salmon and beef tenderloin.  We also asked to have different sides.  Karla can ask the chef and let you know what other options there are.  Having 3 choices might be a lot but you can always ask.  Don't forget they have a whole buffet set up for apps and salads too.  In my opinion the salmon was the best!

         

        I said it in my review but I'll say it again and agree with Hannah: They are strict and can come off rude/mean.  I wish I would have been more assertive in the beginning with some issues I was having BUT remember they are working for you!  So if you want something demand it!  Don't worry about your actual ceremony and reception because they will be perfect...other things might not be so much haha.  Good luck!

         

        PS How are you ladies posting pics on here??



         



        #324 amyr610

        amyr610
        • Site Supporter
        • 19 posts

          Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:54 AM

          Ladies! Karla is no longer with iberostar!?! I received an email from Ivan on Monday that he is personally taking over, but we were in the middle of finalizing a bunch of details and while he introduced himself and answered a pretty old email that's all we've heard from him. Yikes, we leave two weeks from Monday I'm trying to relax about it and think he must be swamped! Hannah, that is awful what happened to your brother!! Your wedding pics looked phenomenal though!! My aunt actually had a stroke the day after my shower and ended up passing away, and iberostar was not very compassionate at all about refunding her stay. I can understand she did not purchase travel insurance, but as far as the hotel room, she was going to be the third person in the room.. It is still being occupied by my two cousins so they were not losing much at all. They did end up refunding with some arguing, but it was such a sad time and I felt like they weren't real concerned with our happiness!

          #325 Hannah5611

          Hannah5611
          • Newbie
          • 91 posts

            Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:13 AM

            I am so sorry about your aunt!!  That is horrible!  And that really sucks about the way Iberostar handled it but I am NOT surprised....I hope that is your only experience with them that you will be disappointed in ;)

             

            I am sure everything will work out with your wedding coordinator...to be honest, we didnt really finalize everything until we met with them when we got down there so dont worry!!

             

            I cannot say that I would have not chosen that resort if I had to go back and do it again, because it was amazing...but the customer service definately needs improvement! 

             

            Good luck with everything!!!!  Let me know if you have any questions!!
             

            Originally Posted by amyr610 

            Ladies! Karla is no longer with iberostar!?! I received an email from Ivan on Monday that he is personally taking over, but we were in the middle of finalizing a bunch of details and while he introduced himself and answered a pretty old email that's all we've heard from him.
            Yikes, we leave two weeks from Monday I'm trying to relax about it and think he must be swamped!
            Hannah, that is awful what happened to your brother!!
            Your wedding pics looked phenomenal though!!
            My aunt actually had a stroke the day after my shower and ended up passing away, and iberostar was not very compassionate at all about refunding her stay. I can understand she did not purchase travel insurance, but as far as the hotel room, she was going to be the third person in the room.. It is still being occupied by my two cousins so they were not losing much at all. They did end up refunding with some arguing, but it was such a sad time and I felt like they weren't real concerned with our happiness!


             



            #326 klc52379

            klc52379
            • Newbie
            • 48 posts

              Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:42 AM

              Amy, I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt.  My thoughts are with your family.

               

              Hannah  - your pics look great!!  That is horrible to hear about your brother.  I think I'm going to take a lock box with us to put our rings and any cash/credit cards in and hide the key somewhere.

               

              YIKES!!  We leave in 4 1/2 weeks and I still need to submit my document that Karla emailed us way back when!  If Karla's not there, I haven't heard from a new contact at the Iberostar yet, which I'm not too overly concerned yet.  I honestly have no clue where the past year went with my planning and feel that these next two weeks are going to be ridiciously busy!

               

              I am so nervous about packing - I have no clue how we're getting everything there!  Any tips?

               

              For the ladies that just got married, did they give you a copy of the script for the ceremony?  I have no clue what it looks like or if we make our own.  For times sake, I'm hoping they have something done!  I don't know if I need to by sand for a sand ceremony (which I'm hoping not to).

               

              We still have to figure out a day to get married here.  We applied for our license last month and it's valid for two months, so we need to get moving on that!

               

              And I decided a few weeks ago that it would be a brilliant time to start looking for a new job!  Fingers crossed that I will have a couple of big changes coming soon :)

               

               



              #327 Hannah5611

              Hannah5611
              • Newbie
              • 91 posts

                Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:15 AM

                I was told that as of May 1, there was a new law that they were not allowed to perform the ceremony in english...so the judge did it in spanish, and then my WC translated...he did do our vows in english....you will have the option to say your own vows, but the ceremony is very simple and quick (its really good)...you will not see what the judge is going to say before the ceremony, but just trust them - like I said, it is very good, quick and simple....

                 

                I had a lot of people help me transport things down there - depending on the airline, you can pack an extra suitcase and just pay a fee...I flew USA 3000 (out of ohare, which I am assuming you are out of ohare also) and I only paid $25 for an extra checked suitcase...not bad!  but I think American and United are $50...
                 

                Originally Posted by klc52379 

                Amy, I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt.  My thoughts are with your family.

                 

                Hannah  - your pics look great!!  That is horrible to hear about your brother.  I think I'm going to take a lock box with us to put our rings and any cash/credit cards in and hide the key somewhere.

                 

                YIKES!!  We leave in 4 1/2 weeks and I still need to submit my document that Karla emailed us way back when!  If Karla's not there, I haven't heard from a new contact at the Iberostar yet, which I'm not too overly concerned yet.  I honestly have no clue where the past year went with my planning and feel that these next two weeks are going to be ridiciously busy!

                 

                I am so nervous about packing - I have no clue how we're getting everything there!  Any tips?

                 

                For the ladies that just got married, did they give you a copy of the script for the ceremony?  I have no clue what it looks like or if we make our own.  For times sake, I'm hoping they have something done!  I don't know if I need to by sand for a sand ceremony (which I'm hoping not to).

                 

                We still have to figure out a day to get married here.  We applied for our license last month and it's valid for two months, so we need to get moving on that!

                 

                And I decided a few weeks ago that it would be a brilliant time to start looking for a new job!  Fingers crossed that I will have a couple of big changes coming soon :)

                 

                 



                 



                #328 klc52379

                klc52379
                • Newbie
                • 48 posts

                  Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:34 AM

                  Thanks Hannah!  I seem to worry about the smallest things :)  We're going back and forth about doing our own vows. I should probably figure that out!

                  Yes, we are flying out of O'Hare and taking US300.  I think I misunderstood our travel agent with the bags.  I'm glad to know that we can take one extra suitcase and just pay.  What's $25 at this point in the game - right :)



                  #329 pitt2011

                  pitt2011
                  • Newbie
                  • 81 posts

                    Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:28 PM


                    What happened to Karla!!! This now makes a lot of sense as to why I havn't gotten a response to any emails. I too have not heard from Ivan (if hes the new WC). I emailed Karla two weeks ago and last week and have gotten no response. You would think the person who is taking over would send out an email to everyone with upcoming weddings to let them know what is going on. I am a little worried about this....

                    Amy, I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt.  My thoughts are with your family.

                     

                    Hannah  - your pics look great!!  That is horrible to hear about your brother.  I think I'm going to take a lock box with us to put our rings and any cash/credit cards in and hide the key somewhere.

                     

                    YIKES!!  We leave in 4 1/2 weeks and I still need to submit my document that Karla emailed us way back when!  If Karla's not there, I haven't heard from a new contact at the Iberostar yet, which I'm not too overly concerned yet.  I honestly have no clue where the past year went with my planning and feel that these next two weeks are going to be ridiciously busy!

                     

                    I am so nervous about packing - I have no clue how we're getting everything there!  Any tips?

                     

                    For the ladies that just got married, did they give you a copy of the script for the ceremony?  I have no clue what it looks like or if we make our own.  For times sake, I'm hoping they have something done!  I don't know if I need to by sand for a sand ceremony (which I'm hoping not to).

                     

                    We still have to figure out a day to get married here.  We applied for our license last month and it's valid for two months, so we need to get moving on that!

                     

                    And I decided a few weeks ago that it would be a brilliant time to start looking for a new job!  Fingers crossed that I will have a couple of big changes coming soon :)

                     

                     



                     



                    #330 Hannah5611

                    Hannah5611
                    • Newbie
                    • 91 posts

                      Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:45 AM


                      If your suitcase is over 50lbs, it is $25....so my suggestion is to just check an extra bag which is also $25 (i had overweight on the way there and 2 checked bags on the way back)....let me know if you have any other questions ....just as an FYI for any of your guests that are flying out of Ohare...if you are flying USA 3000, you will flight out of terminal 5 (international).  BUT, if you have guests flying United or American (I had people on all 3), they will fly out of United and American terminals, NOT the international terminal....

                      ALL airlines will fly back in to terminal 5 (international) as a note for those people getting picked up ;)

                       

                      Im really sorry to hear that you are all receiving no response from the resort....I am sure they are just behind and they will get caught up...even though a couple months seems like no time to us, remember that the resort needs like 2 days to pull off everything...like I said, my final details went in to my WC like 2 days before I left and I didnt finalize everything until 3 days before my actual wedding...they will take care of you ;)  I promise!! 

                       

                       

                      Originally Posted by klc52379 

                      Thanks Hannah!  I seem to worry about the smallest things :)  We're going back and forth about doing our own vows. I should probably figure that out!

                      Yes, we are flying out of O'Hare and taking US300.  I think I misunderstood our travel agent with the bags.  I'm glad to know that we can take one extra suitcase and just pay.  What's $25 at this point in the game - right :)



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users