Photo

Help! Getting married in 2 months and still no photographer PLUS on a budget!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 PresidenteCaboBride

PresidenteCaboBride
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:03 PM

Hello brides,

I'm new to the forum and have been searching for photographers within my price range. I absolutely love all the recommended photographers such as Bradley Frasier and Gilda, however, I'm only looking for a photographer for 2 hours to cover the ceremony and pictures before the reception (a couple of my friends have invested in professional cameras and are bringing them to take pictures during reception).

My budget is $250-$300 an hour. Any brides out there have experience with other photographers that may be starting out that are good options?

Thank you in advance!

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 12 August 2010 - 05:56 PM

you're looking to pay someone $500-600 total for your wedding pics? 

you want to risk it? 

when you are paying a photog, it is not just for the hours that they are at your wedding, shooting, but also all the time spent on post production....

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 PresidenteCaboBride

PresidenteCaboBride
    • 9 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 02:45 PM

Yeah, I am quickly realizing that my budget is unrealistic. I don't know where I got it in my head that pictures come cheap! I've since increased my budget to around $1000 so I'm hoping I can find someone that is available for 2-3 hours.   

One major mistake I've made in planning was assuming that there will be a line of photographers available, but most of the good ones are booked way in advance, as they should be.

Advice to brides just starting out, there are only a handful of "really good" photographers in Cabo so book early!!! 

#4 PresidenteCaboBride

PresidenteCaboBride
      • 9 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

Okay just an update, I was able to book Bradley Frasier!!! I'm so exicted! Can't wait. He's who I wanted at the beginning so after more discussion and teeth pulling to increase our budget with my FI, we booked him

#5 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:44 AM

i think you will be pleased with bradley's work and also be glad you spent the extra $$

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#6 loveyd

loveyd
        • 32 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:34 PM

This photographer looks AMAZING! When I have been searching, I did not come across his website. Will positively look into him for my wedding on May 2011. Hope you love your pics on your special day

#7 DRPrincesa

DRPrincesa
          • 221 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:06 AM

How much did you budge on your budget? My budget is $1,000 as yours was in the beginning.  Am I being unrealistic???

Originally Posted by PresidenteCaboBride 

Okay just an update, I was able to book Bradley Frasier!!! I'm so exicted! Can't wait. He's who I wanted at the beginning so after more discussion and teeth pulling to increase our budget with my FI, we booked him

#8 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
            • Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:17 PM

DRPrincesa~ i dont mean to be a downer but i do think its not quite on par with what most quality photographers request.

one thing to think about, you dont HAVE to use a photog based in mexico. many phtographers from the US who are starting up will travel to shoot DW's, some for just the cost of the airfare and hotel stay, some for more. we do have a ton of photographers who are vendors here on BDW and i personally know quite a few of them who have done this when they were starting up. there are quite a few who LOVE to shoot DW's!

good luck!

#9 DRPrincesa

DRPrincesa
            • 221 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:27 PM

Not being a downer at all! I thank you for your honesty.  I'm not doing TTD so I figured I would need someone for 3-4 hours max. I was considering using the photographer at the Majestic Colonial.  Bringing someone down would mean their travel but also the $300 resort fee.  I guess it is still something to look into.  I will def reconsider. Thanks again. 

DRPrincesa~ i dont mean to be a downer but i do think its not quite on par with what most quality photographers request.

one thing to think about, you dont HAVE to use a photog based in mexico. many phtographers from the US who are starting up will travel to shoot DW's, some for just the cost of the airfare and hotel stay, some for more. we do have a ton of photographers who are vendors here on BDW and i personally know quite a few of them who have done this when they were starting up. there are quite a few who LOVE to shoot DW's!

good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users