Super 8 - Wedding Video

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
  • 923 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:12 AM

{I hope this is the right place to post this - I did a search first}

Has anyone looked into the Super 8 style wedding video? I had to have this after I saw a christening video on an episode of "9 by design". I've done some research and it's not cheap. I'm wondering if anyone has found someone reasonably priced. I'm also considering finding a camera and film to do it ourselves, after playing around on ebay. Thanks!

#2 MissSimone

MissSimone
    • 255 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:40 AM

what exactly is the super 8 style video? sounds interesting

#3 dreamsmaybride

dreamsmaybride
      • 168 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 05:00 PM

I'm not sure where you'd start but that's a fantastic idea!!!  Would you mind posting if you locate a vendor?

#4 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
        • 923 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 06:06 PM

I'm surprised there is no post on it already! It's beautiful! Well it is to me but I LOVE LOVE LOVE vintage things. Basically its an old camera and film so it has that fuzzy look, but theres no sound {they put it to music} I want the super 8 wedding video because I think it would be perfect to send to family who couldn't {make} it to the dw - without showing a long boring video - it gives the highlights and the essence of the event - I also LOVE the message booth/guest book idea so they can see who came!

You can google it and check these out! Beware you might "have to have" this too! :)

click view samples to watch weddings and the photo booth:

http://hellosuper8.c...ding-films.html 

I love this guy cause he also does hd so he can mix the two and you can get sound {like of the vows}:

http://www.joesimonweddingfilms.com/ 

It's hard to find a style I don't like - I think what's important is that they catch everything you want them to and don't edit important things out. But with being laid off this year it's expensive - i'm trying to figure out what I can give up to have this! I was thinking paying someone to come to the Bahamas isn't going to help either.

oh and another video i like:

http://www.wellspunw...ing-Film-A.html

#5 KaytlinJean

KaytlinJean
          • 178 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:38 PM

Wow, those are so neat!

#6 MissSimone

MissSimone
            • 255 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:47 PM

i love them! i wonder if you can rent a camera and shoot the video yourself

#7 lisa203

lisa203
              • 681 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 12:41 PM

This is the first time I've ever heard of a super 8 video and I love it! I hope you find a way to get one done. Good luck!

#8 dominiqueamber

dominiqueamber
                • 923 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:54 PM

I think that's my best option so far - This place will send you the camera and film - you film it and they'll edit it for $1700.

i love them! i wonder if you can rent a camera and shoot the video yourself

#9 AishaB

AishaB
                  • 2,350 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:45 PM

I don't know anything about it or where you would find out more about it, but I watched the samples and it is a very interesting concept.  Great idea!

BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#10 MissSimone

MissSimone
                    • 255 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by dominiqueamber 

I think that's my best option so far - This place will send you the camera and film - you film it and they'll edit it for $1700.

http://layercakefilms.com/packages.php 

Am I crazy for wanting to give up real flowers, an expensive dress, and a dinner for this?

Quote:

wow do you really want to give up ALL of that for this video? I'm sure you can get a videographer to do a regular video recording and still keep all those things that you want. the super 8 is quite nice but i'm not sure i would sacrifice flowers, an expensive dress and dinner for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users