Photo

New Forum suggestion

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 jszy10

jszy10
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:29 AM

I already miss being able to see where everyone's wedding location/resort is!!  It used to be located up next to their name, and I think this is SO useful, especially when you are trying to figure out what each resort did specifically!!

#2 alison15

alison15
    • 356 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:31 AM

Agreed!  And do tickers no longer work? However much easier to find vendors and reviews!!  No more constant questions on how to find a photographer.

#3 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:47 AM

Tickers will no longer show up in your siggy, but if you leave the link there, you can still click on it to see it opened in a new window.  I belive this is something they are working on, but not sure if/when it will be updated.

#4 JanineA

JanineA
        • 2,482 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:51 AM

Perhaps I still haven't figured it out yet but Carly, Tammy, anyone in the old forum, you would know which threads you have responded on because you would see it a little sort of orange/red arrow, in this forum so far it has been hard for me to keep a handle on all the threads I have responded to....they show up on my page as in recent threads but it was helpful the other way as it helped me keep track of noobs and who and had welcomed so far and who I hadn't.....any suggestions?

#5 boscobel

boscobel
          • VIP Member
          • 24,213 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:58 AM

Janine - I think I read something about that in the forum help link Tammy posted in another thread.  Let me see if I can find it...

#6 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:01 AM

Ok, I found the link - New Content In Forum Icon This indicates there is new content within a particular forum since your last visit.  You can click this button to mark the forum as read.  Picture 7.png This indicates that there is no new content in a particular forum since your last visit. Picture 8.png This indicates that there have been new posts written in the given thread since your last visit.  You can click this button to go to the first new post.  Picture 9.png This indicates that there have been no new posts written in the given thread since your last visit.

Hmmm, after rereading it, I think you are right.  It doesn't tell you which ones you replied in already, does it...

#7 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:03 AM

Wait, wait, wait, I think I got it.  The threads that you replied in are shaded a light blue color and the threads you haven't are white/transparent.  I'm prettttty sure that's how you can tell.

#8 JanineA

JanineA
                • 2,482 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:04 AM

Yeah, it tells you that new content has been added since your last visit but it doesn't really tell you, its a forum you responded in. It may be just a forum you read and chose not to respond in. Can you add this suggestions please Carly? That would help alot.

Thanks!

#9 JanineA

JanineA
                  • 2,482 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:07 AM

Wait let me go into newbies and see if it is true....that is usually where I am testing everything...lol! Be right back!

#10 JanineA

JanineA
                    • 2,482 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 05:11 AM

Carly, thats not it either. I went into Newbies and all the threads show up as blue, even the ones I have responded in already, prior to the conversion. So one by one I have to go into each newbie to see if I have welcomed them already. As I welcome the new ones their subject line turns a faded blue but there are still newbies showing bright blue and I have already welcomed them. I think once the conversion took place it made all posts new again. I think having a little flag or indicator thingy can't hurt though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users