He made everyone cancel our dinner plans ;)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 jenniferkuhr

• 162 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:53 AM

I have been taking cooking classes and decided to throw my first 5-course dinner party. I was SO bummed when everyone started canceling at the last minute on me! Ryan said, "Well, since everyone canceled, why don't we get that photo of the two of us in front of the Golden Gate bridge for Adam and Laura's wedding slide show?" (his brother was getting married later that month and requested this particular photo).

When we got there, we wandered around looking for his brother who was supposedly already there waiting for us with the camera. Suddenly, he got down on one knee and said, "I have a confession to make. Adam never asked for this photo. I love you, I want to spend the rest of my life with you." He held out the most gorgeous ring and I got down on the sand with him and we hugged, kissed and laughed.

He then ran back to the car and brought out a basket of champagne, cheese and crackers. We had some random folks on the beach take photos. Then we rushed back to our place to change for dinner reservations at Fleur de Lis!

He apparently had these reservations for months, so when I scheduled a dinner party, it was one more obstacle in his way! I love that it was a random Wednesday night, and the location was perfect for us! He said he chose it so we can go back each year on our anniversary and it will never change and always be available.

#2 pinayflava

• 193 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:58 AM

that's so sweet! congratulations!

#3 bikegirl

• Banned
      • 319 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:01 PM

That is such a sweet engagement story! Congratulations!!!! :)

#4 lisa203

• 681 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:47 PM

How sweet! Congratulations!

#5 Natie1971

• 342 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:12 PM

Beautiful story! Congratulations and welcome. You will love this site. It's amazing. You'll get so many ideas. Happy planning!

#6 jajajaja

• VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:24 PM

Cute story. He's lucky you have a better tempermant than me. If everyone bailed on my dinner party, I would have been bawling and throwin my plates. LOL

Congratulations! Have fun planning!
              Happily married since 2008

#7 BachataBride

• Banned
              • 9,310 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:30 PM

Such a sweet story!!!! :) Congratulations!

#8 mexicanlily

• 56 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:04 AM

This is a really sweet story. Congrats!

#9 msjulie5475

• 528 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 01:29 AM

Very nice engagement. How special.

#10 ellie0717

• 193 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:50 AM

That is so sweet.  He really had everything thought out and how special that spot will be from now on.  Congratulations and happy planning!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users