Photo

When is the Best and Cheapest time to travel to Hawaii/Maui?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Erica&Rohan2011

Erica&Rohan2011
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:11 PM

Just wondering if anyone knows the cheapest and best time to fly to hawaii and also if any airlines offer group flight rates for weddings?

#2 azulskies

azulskies
    • 1,131 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:35 PM

I believe Hawaii's low season is:
      September to Mid-December
      January to Mid-March

When I was looking into airfare, I believe Hawaiian Airlines, US Airways & United provided discounts for groups. I'm sure other airlines do as well. I can't remember if I got in touch with US Airways or United but I ended up not signing up for the group rates b/c they wouldn't allow people to use frequent flier miles or any other type of discount which most of our guests were going to use.

Good luck!

#3 Rolliedelta

Rolliedelta
      • 37 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:04 PM

You'll probably have good luck if you check fares during late September and October as that is traditionally the slowest time of the year for travel to and from the islands. Hotel vacancy is also in your favor, so there tends to be a lot of good specials around that time. Another plus, is that the weather toward the end of September is generally very sunny with relatively little rain. I would recommend Hawaiian Airlines. Best of luck and congratulations!

#4 Amanda81

Amanda81
        • 42 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:29 AM

I agree with Rollidelta. September to early December is low season for Hawaii. Except for around the Canadian and American Thanksgiving weekends. We're getting married in Maui this October and our airfare was about $525 per person roundtrip from Calgary Alberta. In the Winter I have seen it more than double that.

#5 AtteGirl

AtteGirl
          • 197 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 03:55 PM

Before Thanksgiving is an off season for Hawaii and that's why we chose that time in early November. So pretty much after school starts and before the holidays.

#6 Erica&Rohan2011

Erica&Rohan2011
            • 35 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:03 PM

Thanks so much for everyone's insight, I will definitely be using the advice!

#7 clairelouise

clairelouise
              • 16 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:55 AM

Accomodation prices are most expensive from December to March.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users