smrstars

Punta Cana Photographers?

laurabrea78  - Your photos are beautiful!  I have Photosouvenir booked for our wedding in May 2011 at The Grand Palladium.  They are doing our video as well!  I booked a TTD session, and I am soooo excited!  Their website looks great.  Congrats!

I just got married in Punta Cana in July 2010 and selected Photo Souvenir (http://www.photosouvenirpuntacana.com/) and I'm not sure I can even express how amazing the experience was with them.  I love every single photo.  Our photographer Renaud, aka Reno to us Americans who butcher French consonants, is such a wonderful person.  He is extremely personable and makes you feel as if he's a family friend that you've known forever. We did a trash the dress session 2 days after the ceremony, and he picked us up at our hotel, with his mother in tow who happened to be visiting from France, and took us to a private beach for our pics. His mom was so excited, waving to us out of the car window when they picked us up. That saved us from having to pay for a day pass if we were to shoot the photos on the resort's beach, which I though was very considerate.  Plus, we had the entire beach to ourselves in the middle of the day so we didn't have a crowd of resort guests watching us roll around in the sand. Renaud is such a genuine person, after spending a few hours with him shooting the pictures of the ceremony, we knew we'd be safe leaving the resort grounds with him. It was so much fun and the pictures are amazing. You can tell he's passionate about what he does and is really good with people. He had no issues communicating with us in English or any to of the locals in Spanish. Photo Souvenir is worth every penny because the experience is so much more than just having a stranger in a foreign country snap some photos of you on one of the most special days in your life. I know you will not be disappointed with the team at Photo Souvenir.

Roughly, how much did he charge?

Originally Posted by blondie22 View Post

I just got married in Punta Cana in July 2010 and selected Photo Souvenir (http://www.photosouvenirpuntacana.com/) and I'm not sure I can even express how amazing the experience was with them.  I love every single photo.  Our photographer Renaud, aka Reno to us Americans who butcher French consonants, is such a wonderful person.  He is extremely personable and makes you feel as if he's a family friend that you've known forever. We did a trash the dress session 2 days after the ceremony, and he picked us up at our hotel, with his mother in tow who happened to be visiting from France, and took us to a private beach for our pics. His mom was so excited, waving to us out of the car window when they picked us up. That saved us from having to pay for a day pass if we were to shoot the photos on the resort's beach, which I though was very considerate.  Plus, we had the entire beach to ourselves in the middle of the day so we didn't have a crowd of resort guests watching us roll around in the sand. Renaud is such a genuine person, after spending a few hours with him shooting the pictures of the ceremony, we knew we'd be safe leaving the resort grounds with him. It was so much fun and the pictures are amazing. You can tell he's passionate about what he does and is really good with people. He had no issues communicating with us in English or any to of the locals in Spanish. Photo Souvenir is worth every penny because the experience is so much more than just having a stranger in a foreign country snap some photos of you on one of the most special days in your life. I know you will not be disappointed with the team at Photo Souvenir.

I'll have to check them out. It seems like there are plenty of local photographers in Punta Cana to choose from. Maybe thats why you can get such good prices.

Thank you for the advice. I was thinking of using them :)

I am kind of nervous about leaving the resort for the TTD, but this seems to be the best option.  Do you have a link to your photos?  I will be using them in May.