Photo

HELP!!! Carnival Dream: May 2011 - St.Thomas or Cozumel Wedding???

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 jenrick

jenrick
  • 163 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:03 PM

I'm doing the same thing on Carnival next April, but getting married on the beach in Antigua.  The people there have been awesome to work with.  My only stress is getting all of my friends and family that say they are going to actually book!!  I'm a planner and this is not helping my plans!! LOL!  Congrats and good luck!

#22 mkd12

mkd12
    • Banned
    • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:12 AM

I'm having a cruise wedding myself Nov 2011 and am getting married in St. Thomas! St. Thomas, in my opinion, is the best choice. We are having the ceremony in a Temple on the Island, having pictures take on Maegan's Bay and Drake's Seat, and are using one of the private restaurants for the reception. http://Wedding cufflinks

#23 mishrn

mishrn
      • 67 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by nibiky 

Hey mishrn, did you already get flights for Nov 2011? Is it available yet?

Niblik~

Apparently I'm under way too much stress a few weeks before the wedding and wishing it was 2011, but it's now is 2010. LOL

Sorry~ Mish

67 booked.....plus bride and groom

#24 SusanJeff2008

SusanJeff2008
        • 160 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:55 PM

Thanks for all the info that you have posted. We are newly engaged and still deciding. :)

#25 olive0y1

olive0y1
          • 202 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:33 AM

Hello!

Im in the process of planning my 2013 wedding and are looking into booking w/ Carnival Cruise as well.  I was wondering which package you chose w/ them for the wedding and how was your overall experience? I read that they have a limit of 20 guests, but I think that's for the reception. Did you have one w/ them as well? We're planning of just having a receiption here at home. :) Thank you!

Originally Posted by mishrn 

Sorry for the delay in responding.  We are actually getting to St. Thomas via Celebrity Cruise Lines, with 60 friends/family joining us.  

Where r u getting married, St. Thomas too?

#26 lrae

lrae
            • 35 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:19 PM

Hello oliive0y1,

I have booked my wedding cruise with Carnival on the Valor we are doing our wedding cruise out of Miami in April 2012.  You can do the reception with Carnival and you may have more than 20 people, but they do charge an extra fee per person.  20 people is just what is included in your booking fees.  I believe the reception packages start at 650.00 for 1 hr., 750.00 for 1 1/2 hrs, and 850.00 for 2 hr reception. Then you pay an additional fee for each person over 20. You can pick an add on for like a DJ things like that for your reception. 

I hope this helps.  Good luck planning your wedding.

#27 DramaticAnnie

DramaticAnnie
              • 281 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:32 PM

Hi Brides

I am booked on the Carnival Dream, getting married on embarkation day before the boat leaves Port Canaveral on April 28, 2012. I booked the deluxe wedding/reception package with carnival and I think that came to roughly about $2k. That includes 20 guests, and I have 36 guests booked in all, so I will need to pay an extra $35 a head over 20 guests. Yikes, I just calculated that to be like five hundred and sixty extra dollars I'm going to have to make sure to put away.

I went with a DJ option for my reception and the 1.5 hour (which is the longest you can get) reception.

~Married aboard the cruise ship the 'Carnival Dream'~
                ~Carnival Dream Wedding April 28th, 2012, then set sail on a 7 night Caribbean Cruise April 28th-May 5th, 2012~

#28 Deskofgarcia

Deskofgarcia
                • 8 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:16 PM

I just found out the wedding video is $695.  Ouch!

#29 Ryves

Ryves
                  • 157 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:11 AM

I think there is a basic packtage. A bride in her review here said she took a basic video package for $495.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users