Jump to content

Photo

Canadian Newbies !


  • Please log in to reply
715 replies to this topic

#391 Cherry Lynne

Cherry Lynne
  • Newbie
  • 2 posts

    Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:46 PM

    hello

     

    im a newbie from Toronto, and  we just gave our deposit to our destination wedding in Grand Palladium Punta Cana, Dominican Rep.

    I am planning this wedding by myself....so any info...hints..etc..is welcome.



    #392 traceysteve

    traceysteve
    • Jr. Member
    • 328 posts

      Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:15 AM


      Absolutely! Most people said they saw results after a couple of weeks. Even by the time you do one of the dvd's for the second time you can see how much easier it is for you to get through the reps.
       

      Originally Posted by J and G 2012 

      I want to do P90X!

      I just lost 50 lbs and have about 15 more to go before the wedding!

      I was planning on starting in September, Do you think 2 1/2 months is worth doing it?

      Thanks!

      Jamie

       



       



       



      #393 Manda123

      Manda123
      • Jr. Member
      • 380 posts

        Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

        Do it for sure! It is a big time commitment, but if you were planning on working out anyway, it is really effective. It's not so much a "weight loss" program as it a program for people who are in reasonably good shape who want to get in great shape. If you've lost 50 pounds and only have a few more to go, it will be great! I haven't lost much weight at all because I've gained some muscle... I'm about half way done my first 90 days and i've lost 5 pounds, tops. I don't have a ton of weigh to lose, just want to get toned so I look better in a bikini ;) I love it though; I definitely feel stronger.

        Check out the beachbody.com website and you can read lots of peoples reviews and see a ton of before and after shots.

         

        Originally Posted by J and G 2012 

        I want to do P90X!

        I just lost 50 lbs and have about 15 more to go before the wedding!

        I was planning on starting in September, Do you think 2 1/2 months is worth doing it?

        Thanks!

        Jamie

         



         



         



        #394 Nikadawn

        Nikadawn
        • Jr. Member
        • 191 posts

          Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:32 AM

          I'm a personal trainer and I have done P90X just for fun and it is a really great workout if you stick with it. Following the nutrition program that comes with it will help big time. If you want to lose weight more than you want to tone up then my recommendation would be to do more legs. It doesn't have a huge amount of leg work in it and as a trainer (and someone who has lost over 140 lbs.) I always do TONS of leg exersizes with ppl looking for weight loss. This is because your legs hold the biggest muscles in your body so working them alot burns the most calories possible in every workout. You can throw in 20-30 min of legs every other day and should see much faster results that way. Good luck!

           

          Originally Posted by J and G 2012 

          I want to do P90X!

          I just lost 50 lbs and have about 15 more to go before the wedding!

          I was planning on starting in September, Do you think 2 1/2 months is worth doing it?

          Thanks!

          Jamie

           



           



           


          Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012


          #395 Janet1480

          Janet1480
          • Member
          • 709 posts

            Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:09 AM

            great tip! Thanks :) I will def add more legs in to my routine. Any other tips for losing 10 pounds in a month and a half :)

             

            Originally Posted by Nikadawn 

            I'm a personal trainer and I have done P90X just for fun and it is a really great workout if you stick with it. Following the nutrition program that comes with it will help big time. If you want to lose weight more than you want to tone up then my recommendation would be to do more legs. It doesn't have a huge amount of leg work in it and as a trainer (and someone who has lost over 140 lbs.) I always do TONS of leg exersizes with ppl looking for weight loss. This is because your legs hold the biggest muscles in your body so working them alot burns the most calories possible in every workout. You can throw in 20-30 min of legs every other day and should see much faster results that way. Good luck!

             



             



             


            Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana


            #396 J and G 2012

            J and G 2012
            • Jr. Member
            • 423 posts

              Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:10 AM

              Thanks for the input! I've checked out the website, but they do not say how long each session is, I mean how long will I be working out each day?
               

              Originally Posted by Manda123 

              Do it for sure! It is a big time commitment, but if you were planning on working out anyway, it is really effective. It's not so much a "weight loss" program as it a program for people who are in reasonably good shape who want to get in great shape. If you've lost 50 pounds and only have a few more to go, it will be great! I haven't lost much weight at all because I've gained some muscle... I'm about half way done my first 90 days and i've lost 5 pounds, tops. I don't have a ton of weigh to lose, just want to get toned so I look better in a bikini ;) I love it though; I definitely feel stronger.

              Check out the beachbody.com website and you can read lots of peoples reviews and see a ton of before and after shots.

               



               



               


              From a trainer's prespective, Right now I work out every lunch for a 1/2hr, alternating between weights and cardio.

              Would it be benficial if I did cardio everyday at lunch and then P90X at home?

               

              I'm also trying to get FI to shed some bagage before the wedding, I think he would do the P90X with me, as he is in reasonably good shape (works physically hard everyday at work).
               

              Originally Posted by Nikadawn 

              I'm a personal trainer and I have done P90X just for fun and it is a really great workout if you stick with it. Following the nutrition program that comes with it will help big time. If you want to lose weight more than you want to tone up then my recommendation would be to do more legs. It doesn't have a huge amount of leg work in it and as a trainer (and someone who has lost over 140 lbs.) I always do TONS of leg exersizes with ppl looking for weight loss. This is because your legs hold the biggest muscles in your body so working them alot burns the most calories possible in every workout. You can throw in 20-30 min of legs every other day and should see much faster results that way. Good luck!

               



               



               



              #397 Janet1480

              Janet1480
              • Member
              • 709 posts

                Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:29 AM


                Each video is a different length. There are some that are an hour and then the ab ripper is 15 minutes. so depending on the day and how you follow the program there are different amounts of time you will be spending. Never much longer then an hour and 15 mins when you factor in setting up and cool down etc. :) I am not doing P90X every day. I am switching it up because i get bored easily. I'm doing Zumba, P90X, and Hip Hop Dance and alternate days. On the days i am really into it and have lots of energy i am trying to throw in the ab ripper after Zumba since its only 15 mins. Its only been short of two weeks so at the end of 30 days i will let you know my results...i wont lie though I AM SORE AS HECK!!! LOL
                 

                Originally Posted by J and G 2012 

                Thanks for the input! I've checked out the website, but they do not say how long each session is, I mean how long will I be working out each day?
                 



                 


                From a trainer's prespective, Right now I work out every lunch for a 1/2hr, alternating between weights and cardio.

                Would it be benficial if I did cardio everyday at lunch and then P90X at home?

                 

                I'm also trying to get FI to shed some bagage before the wedding, I think he would do the P90X with me, as he is in reasonably good shape (works physically hard everyday at work).
                 



                 



                 


                Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana


                #398 Nikadawn

                Nikadawn
                • Jr. Member
                • 191 posts

                  Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:16 AM

                  No prob! If you can cut out all simple carbs (bread, rice, pasta, cereal, sugar) for 5 weeks and only eat fruit in the am, you can eat unlimited amounts of protein and vegetables and still lose weight. Have a very small serving of healthy fats at every meal too. But make sure you go back to eating normally about 4 or 5 days before the wedding. This will ensure you aren't foggy headed from the lack of carbs and you won't get stomache cramps from overindulging down south.

                   

                  Originally Posted by Janet1480 

                  great tip! Thanks :) I will def add more legs in to my routine. Any other tips for losing 10 pounds in a month and a half :)

                   



                   



                   



                  Originally Posted by Nikadawn 

                  I'm a personal trainer and I have done P90X just for fun and it is a really great workout if you stick with it. Following the nutrition program that comes with it will help big time. If you want to lose weight more than you want to tone up then my recommendation would be to do more legs. It doesn't have a huge amount of leg work in it and as a trainer (and someone who has lost over 140 lbs.) I always do TONS of leg exersizes with ppl looking for weight loss. This is because your legs hold the biggest muscles in your body so working them alot burns the most calories possible in every workout. You can throw in 20-30 min of legs every other day and should see much faster results that way. Good luck!

                   



                   



                   


                  Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012


                  #399 Nikadawn

                  Nikadawn
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 191 posts

                    Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:23 AM

                    Hey J and G!

                     

                    I think with your schedule the best thing to do would be to ditch the traditional cardio and weight circuits every day. Set up 5 resistance exersizes that work as many muscle groups as possible, use enough weight that you can't complete more than 15 or 16 reps. Then go through all 5 of them as quickly as you can with good form, doing 12 reps each. Rest after the 5th but only for 30-60 seconds, as soon as your breathing starts to slow down you need to get moving again, this way you burn more calories than old-school cardio and you build a little lean muscle mass to speed up your metabolism.

                     

                    Ex.: Squats with a shoulder press - pushup and row - front lunge with a bicep curl - hamstring curls on a stability ball - lat pulldown


                    Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012


                    #400 mrsbruff2b

                    mrsbruff2b
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 385 posts

                      Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:34 AM

                      I'm also customizing the P90X program.  I'm petite and already in avg shape, all I need it toning.  I'm focusing on Ab Ripper, Core, and Yoga. =) I've always loved the program, the hardest part is showing up everyday.


                      Married: 20/06/12 - Our 11 year anniversary~

                      Wedding @: Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)

                      Honeymoon @: Le Blanc Spa Resort (Cancun, Mexico)





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users