Canadian Newbies !

• Please log in to reply
715 replies to this topic

#171 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 01:25 PM

TRACYSTEVE:

NP anytime...who better to vent to than us girls who understand what ur going through...I tried venting to the FI the other day and well, like he really understands lmao so i came on here and did it...i felt so much better

as far as the kid thing goes, I totally understand you. We have three boys all under 5 lol and as much as I LOVE THEM the wedding stuff takes so much attention right now...so ive decided that mon-friday will be wedding and kids lol and sat-sun are all about the boyz lol lol

my 5 yr old danced when i told him i was done the invites lol Dont feel to stressed it will all work out, and the W/C are amazing with last min stuff!
    VENT AWAY VENT AWAY

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#172 Janet1480

Janet1480
    • 709 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 10:22 PM

Congrats! WOW thats a huge group going. how are you going to get all your stuff to the resort?

thats fantastic that your WC is providing the mugs how did you swing that lucky deal? LOL

Jamaica is beautiful and you are going at a fantastic time of year. 2 years ago i was in Jamaica at the Riu Ocho Rios Jan 16th for a week and it was incredible :)

Originally Posted by J and G 2012 

Okay, So I've been creeping around this site for a couple of months now and I figured it's about time I join this thread!

We are getting married the first week in January 2012, Jan 4th to be exact, at the Sunset Jamaica Grande in Ocho Rios.

We have the amazing help of our travel agent/wedding coordintor who has experince with the resort amony dozens of others.

We have about 65 pppl booked right now, and we already know that there will be more to come! Great for our celebration, not so great on our budget considering the amount of OOT bags I have to make. I was stressing over the Travel Mugs and how much it is going to cost us and now the WC is taking them over and providing them to our guest free of charge!

I've been getting all kinds of ideas form thi ssite and now that everything is rolling we are starting to put them all together!

Fingers crossed, all goes well!

Jamie

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#173 heatherd

heatherd
      • 37 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:39 AM

:)  I'm still waiting for it to come in too....I look at pictures of it all the time LOL!!  I will post a pic when i get it for sure!  You too ok! :)

Originally Posted by Janet1480 

POST PICS :) :) I love looking at others selected wedding dress! i am still dreaming of mine...i cant wait until it comes in *sigh*

#174 heatherd

heatherd
        • 37 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:42 AM

Wow you are soo lucky to have that many people come and share your day!!  That must make you happy!  Have you been to Ocho Rios before?  We were just there this Feb...drove into the Sunset Jamaica Grand to pick up people on a day trip...it looks nice!!!  So nice of your TA to take care of the mugs for you!!  One less thing to stress over.  Good luck with all your planning!

Originally Posted by J and G 2012 

Okay, So I've been creeping around this site for a couple of months now and I figured it's about time I join this thread!

We are getting married the first week in January 2012, Jan 4th to be exact, at the Sunset Jamaica Grande in Ocho Rios.

We have the amazing help of our travel agent/wedding coordintor who has experince with the resort amony dozens of others.

We have about 65 pppl booked right now, and we already know that there will be more to come! Great for our celebration, not so great on our budget considering the amount of OOT bags I have to make. I was stressing over the Travel Mugs and how much it is going to cost us and now the WC is taking them over and providing them to our guest free of charge!

I've been getting all kinds of ideas form thi ssite and now that everything is rolling we are starting to put them all together!

Fingers crossed, all goes well!

Jamie

#175 heatherd

heatherd
          • 37 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:46 AM

So dress is bought..invitations out....waiting for all my replys....decided on wedding favors....decided on what the guys are going to wear....still have to go shopping for my bridesmaids.....is there anything else I should be doing before I get to Jamaica???  Any ideas?

#176 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
            • 1,748 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:58 AM

Have you bought your rings heatherd?  OOT bags? What did you decide on for favours?

#177 heatherd

heatherd
              • 37 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 11:45 AM

Hello!!!

We have my wedding band, but we still have to get my sweeties.  I still haven't decided if I'm going to do OOT bags or just the favors.  I was on a website ( weddingthings.com)  and found some gel candles with shells in them.  They come in a clear box with a thank you card attached,  really cute.  And we both still have to renew our passports and get our two boys a passport. I just feel like I'm forgetting something :)  I think once my deposit day comes and I know how many people are for sure coming, then I can finish off the favors and send in my wedding info forms to the resort,  then I will probably feel better :)

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith 

Have you bought your rings heatherd?  OOT bags? What did you decide on for favours?

#178 tamandrob

tamandrob
                • 349 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:53 PM

Hey, I ordered my dress today I am so excited!!!! They said it will take 4 months to come in, once I get it I will post pics! I got it from a place in North Gower. My colour is blue, I am going shopping in July with the bridal party to get their dresses, I think we are just going to check out some places in Ottawa. I haven't really thought of decorations but I don't want to be bringing a lot of stuff down with us so if I do it won't be much also I was thinking the bouquets could be put on the tables as decoration? Not to sure yet. I can't wait either!!!!!! Are you having an AHR?

Originally Posted by heatherd 

Hey!  I have bought my dress..I got it at Dominique Levesque on Carling Ave!  I love it and I can't wait till it comes in!!  My colour is Guava (pink)!  My bridal party is getting their dresses from David's bridal.  What colours are you doing?
                    I'm hoping to have pink and white in my flowers.  I just can't wait to get there.  Are you bringing your own stuff to decorate or are you using their stuff?  I'm thinking I just want them to do that way less stuff to pack!  Other than all the stuff on their forms, I don't really know what else I can do here.  Anyway... Good luck with  dress shopping Saturday....i hope you find your dream dress!!! :)

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

32 Booked.......and counting!

#179 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                  • 1,748 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:15 PM

I am using our bouquets as centrepieces too!!! May as well have them do double duty!!

#180 Janet1480

Janet1480
                    • 709 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 01:43 PM

LOTS lol

you need shoes and accessories for your dress

you need to decide or have inspiration for your hair and make up (print some pics and bring them with you)

Are you doing OOT bags?

Have you picked all your decor?

will you do a pre travel brochure for your guest

will you do a welcome brochure for your guests

I can go on for days! :P LOL

Originally Posted by heatherd 

So dress is bought..invitations out....waiting for all my replys....decided on wedding favors....decided on what the guys are going to wear....still have to go shopping for my bridesmaids.....is there anything else I should be doing before I get to Jamaica???  Any ideas?

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users