Photo

Canadian Newbies !

• Please log in to reply
715 replies to this topic

#151 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:56 AM

Leigh!!!!!! These look amazing!!!! I hope you are happy with them, I know you worked really hard on them!!!!  Did they cost you a fortune to send?! They are absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!

#152 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
    • 1,252 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:10 AM

Tori:

Thank you so much, and I AM NEVER doing them again lmao! yeah I am very happy with them, but the funny thing is...is as soon as I was done them I had to post them on here for you guys to see just because you've been there throughout the whole ordeal lol lol

As far as shipping them, I finished doing them ready to mail......and then found out that the canadian post office is on STRIKE! WTF lol lol just my luck is what my TA said this morning, as I was freaking out about my deposit deadline for my guests...lucky for me our TA is amazing, and is extending our deadline for me lol lol

Either way, I think they will take two stamps each, as there is ALOT of hot glue and extras that have made them a little heavy lol

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#153 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
      • 1,748 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:26 AM

Isn't that annoying!!! I couldn't believe it either!! I had designed my invites awhile back and we were just waiting for confirmed dates and rates and then they took a little longer than expected to put together.  We mailed ours Tuesday, luckily our guests have until August 26th to book our group rate so fingers crossed the strike will be over by then! 

We originally were going to do evites and then send formal invites to those who booked.  Now with this strike I am half wishing we did!!!

I am trying to decide what to start next now that invites are done... I am almost bored without having them to do anymore but I was definitely happy to see them go!!

#154 tamandrob

tamandrob
        • 349 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:08 PM

Leigh

Your invitations are awesome!!! They look great and you can tell you have put so much work into them!

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

32 Booked.......and counting!

#155 tamandrob

tamandrob
          • 349 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:18 PM

I haven't sent any forms in yet I am going to wait till the deposit date ends too! I haven't contacted tai flora yet but I have been looking on there website and there are so many flowers so choose from. I have went dress shopping but I haven't picked yet I am going this Saturday and I have it narrowed down to 2, I am so excited!! Have you got yours? What are your colours?

Originally Posted by heatherd 

I would love to meet up and hear about your day!! That would be awsome!!  I have sent just the personal info sheets in and when my deposit date arrives and I know the exact numbers we'll have I'm going to send the rest.  Are you getting your flowers through the resort? I checked out the floral web site and there are so many nice ones to choose from.  If you download the brochure there are more pics of the bouquets they do!!  That was my second favorite part.  Dress shopping ofcourse was first!!  Have you got a dress yet??

Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica- February 28th, 2012

32 Booked.......and counting!

#156 Janet1480

Janet1480
            • 709 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:28 PM

YAY you finally posted! they look amazing! :) :) So happy for you that your mini nightmare is over and they are done...it was worth all the trouble hun! I didnt factor postage in either when i did mine and all the flowers and envelope liners and little details ended up costing us $1.21 each but it was worth it. I saved a ton doing the invites myself so i ended up spending more on postage LOL ahhh well! the color combination looks fantastic together as well. Have you decided how you are incorporating all these colors in the wedding yet?

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

Alrighty..... so Im going to try and  upload the final project of our invitations, so here goes nothing lmao

272.JPG271.JPG269.JPG267.JPG266.JPG

Married my soul mate and best friend on October 25th 2011 at Paradisus Punta Cana

#157 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
              • 1,252 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:30 PM

thank you for the compliment!!!

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#158 traceysteve

traceysteve
                • 328 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:51 PM

OMG!! I am soo jealous! First of all, your invites look amaaaazing! Second of all, they're done, and your wedding is next year! I'm getting married in less than 3 months, and I only gave the final ok to print mine today! Plus, with the strike...BOOOO!!! We're just waiting to hear what the verdict will be. Keep in mind, that we just got engaged in Feb, and decided we wanted to do it this year. But, are we ever behind!! hahaaa!! We already have our guests confirmed, so it's almost senseless to send out the invites at all! Ahhh..well, I love them, can't wait to see them. Ok, sorry, that was my vent for the day!

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

Tori:

Thank you so much, and I AM NEVER doing them again lmao! yeah I am very happy with them, but the funny thing is...is as soon as I was done them I had to post them on here for you guys to see just because you've been there throughout the whole ordeal lol lol

As far as shipping them, I finished doing them ready to mail......and then found out that the canadian post office is on STRIKE! WTF lol lol just my luck is what my TA said this morning, as I was freaking out about my deposit deadline for my guests...lucky for me our TA is amazing, and is extending our deadline for me lol lol

Either way, I think they will take two stamps each, as there is ALOT of hot glue and extras that have made them a little heavy lol

#159 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
                  • 1,748 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:04 PM

Tracey  your wedding is so soon that is so exciting!!!! Would love to see you invites when you get them!

#160 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                    • 1,252 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:58 PM

TRACY STEVE:

Thank you so much, I love the way they turned out...I couldnt be happier with them. I would love to see yours too when there done, MAKE SURE YOU POST PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we all love looking at new things lol lol

Wow 3 months is so close.....thats so exciting!!!!! where r u guys getting married? and I know the post strike really sucks lol I was going to mail them all out tonight,,,,,,now I dont know when there getting out hehehehehehe

cant wait to see your invites!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users