Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
imajoseph

Canadian Newbies !

Recommended Posts

What resort did you decide on Leigh?

 

This site is so addicting its crazy especially when you are just starting your planning. its easy to get carried away with all the great ideas on this forum LOL

 

I only have like 5 months left so i am on a serious crunch to lose some weight and tone up and get my last planning done. I'm gettting there but struggling with the eating healthy part LOL I LOVE food but i only want to lose like 10 to 15 pounds or tone a bunch which might sound like a lot but its only 3 to 4 pounds a month so its reasonable :) i've been so good this week *patting myself on the shoulder) i went to the gym, did a yoga class, walked a bunch so hopefully that will make up for my little cheating with food here and there LOL

 

if anyone has tips or tricks PLEASE SHARE :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL your so funny....the weight thing is a hard one, but ill pm you with some great food choices. we just had a little one 8.5 months ago and like you i need to tone it up so when i walk down the isle he doesnt see back boob...so not sexy lmao

 

we picked the grand palladium lady hamilton in jamaica APRIL 14 2012 we had started this whole wedding thing before but has our little man (the one in the pic with me lol) so we decided to hold off, and well im back at it, the only difference is now that im off work for the year i have nothing to do but wedding planning which i dont think is a good thing lol lol

 

what do you have left to plan?

just remember to take a breath in between hair pulls lol

talk soon with the food ideas~!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by canadiangirl View Post

 

 

yeah im already obsessed with this site, yeah ive found a ton of great things from here IE: photographer, DJ and a ton of cool ppl witch is just a bonus lol...ive gone on vistaprint and i love what they have...however, can you explain to me how it works (the FREE stuff)

 

when are you getting married? lol never mind i just saw aruba. Thats where we were going until we found our new resort, you'll have a great time there iys so beautiful there!!! and thanx for the extra site, ive never heard of shutterfly i will look it up.

cheers Leigh

 

 

saying I Do to the best man in the world, my bestfriend

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on your little one, what a cutie!!! I cant wait to have kids on my own. I'll def read what you have to share...I'm not a complete noob when it comes to healthy choices but i have the worst sweet tooth in the whole world, its terrible! i know it and i cant help it LOL! :P But seriously. ,share away...all the more info i have the better and the more i have in my face reminding me,  the better i am :P

 

Will Power and Janet = NOT FRIENDS :) :) :)

 

I agree...i definitely dont want to tie my dress up when it comes in and not know the difference between the butt crack on my upper back and my actual butt crack hahahaha :P

 

Congrats on your decision, i am not familiar with the resoirt but as soon as i hit submit i will be checking it out! its so exciting!

 

Definitely dangerous that you are home and have all this time to plan however you could do a bunch of DIY projects and save money....sorta :P

 

 

 



 

Originally Posted by canadiangirl View Post

LOL your so funny....the weight thing is a hard one, but ill pm you with some great food choices. we just had a little one 8.5 months ago and like you i need to tone it up so when i walk down the isle he doesnt see back boob...so not sexy lmao

 

we picked the grand palladium lady hamilton in jamaica APRIL 14 2012 we had started this whole wedding thing before but has our little man (the one in the pic with me lol) so we decided to hold off, and well im back at it, the only difference is now that im off work for the year i have nothing to do but wedding planning which i dont think is a good thing lol lol

 

what do you have left to plan?

just remember to take a breath in between hair pulls lol

talk soon with the food ideas~!!!!!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ohhhh....I forgot to answer one part of your message...i got carried away (as usual) with back boobs and back crack LMAO

 

I have to

-finish my music selections

-finalize my decoration (ceremony, reception etc)

-finalize my OOT

-finish my pre-travel brochure

-finish my welcome brochure

-finsih my programs

-pick my menu

-the guys still need shirts and shoes

-my girls still need shoes and accessories

-my mom still needs shoes

-my dad still needs EVERYTHING

-i cant find barefoot sandals i like if my life depended on it :(

-lose weight

-lose weight

-lose weight

 

:) I think that covers the more important things anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if its foot candy your looking for then Ill give you the name of the girl Im getting to do mine and my girls...I met her on here (go FIGURE EH) lol

 

Destination Wedding Jewelry Barefoot Beach Jewelry More if you go into the WIKI section of this site youll find her there. She has amazing ideas plus, she will work with your colors and stone ideas...an added plus is her stuff is nicer and cheaper than anything else ive found online. just let her know i sent you lol lol

 

are you bringing your own decoration for the ceremony? I was thinking of doing that too but wasnt sure...what are your colors? maybe if our colors match after your wedding we can swap/trade or buy ...so both of us save some molla$$$$$$$

 

and yeah being home is a killer, Im all about the DIY stuff my FI and I are going out this weekend to get all the invitation paper,linens,ribbons,string ETC to do the invites...ill send you a pic of one when I get one done....our colors are aqua blue, black, orange, and im trying to get lime green in there somehow lol

 

to bad we didnt live closer lol im a store manager of the STERLING SHOES, we could have gotten together and bought shoes (MY FAV THING TO DO LOL LOL)

 

What are you putting into your welcome brochure ..... i started mine, but then went blank...do you want to share some ideas lol by share I mean so I can steal them lol ill PM you today with my tricks to loose your back ass lol. Im going to add you to people IM watching so we can stay intouch!

cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow wow how did that get so big? and why is it all red? WTF lol next time ill finish my first cup of coffee before i go on here! Sorry all for the massiveness of my message!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

totally okay considering I'm exhausted so it made it easier for my eyes hahahah

 

Thats totally awesome and i am totally game! it would be nice for sure if we lived closer, always nice to have someone else to plan with....and shop with! I LOVE LOVE shopping! you should see my closet LOL  Its nice to help each other with ideas, tips tricks and have just been great support for each other so I would love to be able to share with you as well. :) :)

 

can you send me a link to the lady for the barefoot sandals? That would be awesome! in all the things on this site i have actually never explored the wiki part of it (shame on me!) lol

 

my colors are turquoise, fuschia and lime green :) we are so close in colors. So we could definitely share stuff and bounce ideas off each other. this is my color swatch

Janet_PMS.jpg

 

I am bringing most of my decoration. I am using one of the resorts package which is aqua color so its very close to my turquoise so that was perfect and then i am adding to it

This was my ceremony inspiration but with my colors and prob not the flowers up the aisle (would cost a fortune)

inspiration.jpg
 

My welcome brochure will be tagged (dont know how just yet as my final design isnt done yet) to a bag (also tbd lol)

it will have

-welcome letter

-itinerary

-photo share info

-Guest Information

-Spanish Translations

-i've made some personalized crosswords and puzzles that i will include as well

Still a work in progress and the design options are in the works. I have some fun ideas. I can put some stuff together and send it to you or share templates if you'd like :)

 

I did my invites myself and it took about a week LOL mine were pretty elaborate though, i even made the pockets myself. here is a pic :) (sorry these are the work in progress pics so they are not great but i dont have my other pics on this computer)  i used different liner for themailing and return envelopes,  ribbons to tie them up and different flower on the inside but everything else was the same for every invite.

 

SAM_3420.jpgSAM_3126.jpgSAM_3340.jpg

 

 

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST :S
 

Originally Posted by canadiangirl View Post

wow wow how did that get so big? and why is it all red? WTF lol next time ill finish my first cup of coffee before i go on here! Sorry all for the massiveness of my message!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


WOW! Your invites look fantastic!! I knew I wouldn't have the patience to DIY them. I'm waiting for the final digital proof, then I can sign off on those. Holy Crap!! I have less than 3 months to go..eeek...101 days, and my invites aren't even out yet?! Still seems like so much to do :( It's ok, whatever isn't done, isn't done. I have 2 friends on mat leave also, they should be able to help me out a bit. Oooooo...times-a-flyin'!! Good luck Janet with your planning, and Canadiangirl, I fear for you, all of that time to plan.....opens up way too many options for you! But have fun, and enjoy your baby!
 

Originally Posted by Janet1480 View Post

totally okay considering I'm exhausted so it made it easier for my eyes hahahah

 

Thats totally awesome and i am totally game! it would be nice for sure if we lived closer, always nice to have someone else to plan with....and shop with! I LOVE LOVE shopping! you should see my closet LOL  Its nice to help each other with ideas, tips tricks and have just been great support for each other so I would love to be able to share with you as well. :) :)

 

can you send me a link to the lady for the barefoot sandals? That would be awesome! in all the things on this site i have actually never explored the wiki part of it (shame on me!) lol

 

my colors are turquoise, fuschia and lime green :) we are so close in colors. So we could definitely share stuff and bounce ideas off each other. this is my color swatch

Janet_PMS.jpg

 

I am bringing most of my decoration. I am using one of the resorts package which is aqua color so its very close to my turquoise so that was perfect and then i am adding to it

This was my ceremony inspiration but with my colors and prob not the flowers up the aisle (would cost a fortune)

inspiration.jpg
 

My welcome brochure will be tagged (dont know how just yet as my final design isnt done yet) to a bag (also tbd lol)

it will have

-welcome letter

-itinerary

-photo share info

-Guest Information

-Spanish Translations

-i've made some personalized crosswords and puzzles that i will include as well

Still a work in progress and the design options are in the works. I have some fun ideas. I can put some stuff together and send it to you or share templates if you'd like :)

 

I did my invites myself and it took about a week LOL mine were pretty elaborate though, i even made the pockets myself. here is a pic :) (sorry these are the work in progress pics so they are not great but i dont have my other pics on this computer)  i used different liner for themailing and return envelopes,  ribbons to tie them up and different flower on the inside but everything else was the same for every invite.

 

SAM_3420.jpgSAM_3126.jpgSAM_3340.jpg

 

 

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST :S
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


OMG!!! Your invites are amazing!!!  I love them!!  Very creative!

 

Originally Posted by Janet1480 View Post

totally okay considering I'm exhausted so it made it easier for my eyes hahahah

 

Thats totally awesome and i am totally game! it would be nice for sure if we lived closer, always nice to have someone else to plan with....and shop with! I LOVE LOVE shopping! you should see my closet LOL  Its nice to help each other with ideas, tips tricks and have just been great support for each other so I would love to be able to share with you as well. :) :)

 

can you send me a link to the lady for the barefoot sandals? That would be awesome! in all the things on this site i have actually never explored the wiki part of it (shame on me!) lol

 

my colors are turquoise, fuschia and lime green :) we are so close in colors. So we could definitely share stuff and bounce ideas off each other. this is my color swatch

Janet_PMS.jpg

 

I am bringing most of my decoration. I am using one of the resorts package which is aqua color so its very close to my turquoise so that was perfect and then i am adding to it

This was my ceremony inspiration but with my colors and prob not the flowers up the aisle (would cost a fortune)

inspiration.jpg
 

My welcome brochure will be tagged (dont know how just yet as my final design isnt done yet) to a bag (also tbd lol)

it will have

-welcome letter

-itinerary

-photo share info

-Guest Information

-Spanish Translations

-i've made some personalized crosswords and puzzles that i will include as well

Still a work in progress and the design options are in the works. I have some fun ideas. I can put some stuff together and send it to you or share templates if you'd like :)

 

I did my invites myself and it took about a week LOL mine were pretty elaborate though, i even made the pockets myself. here is a pic :) (sorry these are the work in progress pics so they are not great but i dont have my other pics on this computer)  i used different liner for themailing and return envelopes,  ribbons to tie them up and different flower on the inside but everything else was the same for every invite.

 

SAM_3420.jpgSAM_3126.jpgSAM_3340.jpg

 

 

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST :S
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
  • Topics

×