Too late?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Ayita

• 861 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by cookiemunchkin
    How late is too late to start planning a destination wedding? We're planning to be married in 7 months and have finally JUST decided that destination is what we want to do. I'm hearing from people that we may not find a location that makes us happy because most people start planning DWs over a year in advance. Is this true? I hope not

Hello Cookiemunchkin,

no it's not too late, I planned mine in just 7 months (we got engaged end of Sep 08, decided on the place end of Oct 08, visited end of Dec 08, booked, and got married on May 2 09).

And the place was fab-ulous ! Just what I wanted. When I was looking for the perfect venue, I did find a lot of venues that still had room available.

Go for it !

#22 tris

• 609 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:19 PM

I think you have more than enough time. You just have to make goals for yourself to get a location down, hotel contacted, and a travel agent going on a group rate.

:) no rush. enjoy it.
      Married my best friend 04/28/11 at the Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay

#23 TA Wendy

TA Wendy

• Insiders
      • 184 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 02:54 AM

I am just sure you have plenty of time! Often brides who are trying to book at 12 or more months prior are frustrated by not being able to get pricing on airline tickets, resorts dont have their contracts in place with tour operators and everyone plays a waiting game. With 7 months lead time you will be able to price, book and get the guests reserved and it is all very timely! If you are looking now for dates in February I am just sure you will not encounter problems...
        Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings? We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews HERE.

Awards and recognition:

Palace Resorts Top PRO Agency
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator
        AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner
        Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users