Photo

Rude Remarks When Mentioning DW in Mexico..Anyone Else?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 mimi73

mimi73
  • 282 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:11 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SDSteph
    I got this on my rsvp yesterday

Chris/Steph, of course Aunt Carrie and I are goin to make every attempt to be there. Despite the never ending bad news about Mexico. A few weeks there was an entire article in The Newsday travel section about why not to go there and what to be aware of when you do.

Ha I feel your pain girl!

Don't let it get you down!
    hahahaha, how awful! Sorry for laughing, but I cannot even fathom how someone thought that it would be ok to write that on a rsvp card!!
    http://tickers.Ticke....8901/event.png

Bride and Groom + 42 guests booked!

#32 SDSteph

SDSteph
    • 812 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:22 PM

Ohhh I got it!! What do you think about putting "No need to worry folks....we are not getting married in a bordertown" on our website!

Maybe I can reword it so that is it cute and funny!
      Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#33 mimi73

mimi73
      • 282 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:07 PM

Maybe let them know that you will be supplying flakjackets and machine guns as wedding favours? Or register at a gun store? jk :)

Lots of paranoid people around, I guess!!! :)
        http://tickers.Ticke....8901/event.png

Bride and Groom + 42 guests booked!

#34 SDSteph

SDSteph
        • 812 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:21 PM

I actually put something on my site! ha ha I mentioned that "We have found a resort and no need to worry....it is not in Chihuahua or close to any other border towns! " ha ha hope that lightens the mood
          Steph and Kel Mayan Riveria - February 2011http://www.stephnkelwedding.com

#35 AndreaD

AndreaD
          • 28 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:53 PM

I like the idea of putting a link to the travel advisory for Mexico.

#36 AshleyL

AshleyL
            • 263 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:15 PM

Hey, I know how you feel. FFIL is giving us a hard time about our choice of Jamaica because he thinks it is too dangerous. He prefers us to go to Mexico, but I think the REAL reason is because he winters in Arizona and it will be much cheaper to travel to Mexico for him. Oh well, I stuck with my guns on this one :)
              Getting married in Runaway Bay, Jamaica February 2011!!!

#37 dstinationdrmr

dstinationdrmr
              • 309 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 03:11 AM

As sad as it is ladies, there are many more people in this world that let their ignorance (lack of knowledge) rule them. I was told that my FFIL wasn't coming to our wedding through the grapevine. And the reason.....wait for it.....he doesn't want to be kidnapped by any Mexican drug lords!! Little does he know, they would give him right back!

The kicker of this whole scenario is, we live in New Orleans. Can we say top 5 cities as far as murder rate for as long as I can remember??!! But they're all soooo excited to come here for Mardi Gras. So, I say f--k trying to make others happy and be as selfish as you wanna be!!

#38 **Kat**

**Kat**
                • 2,682 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:05 AM

I heard this quite a bit too! I do not get how people think that Mexico is any different than some of the places HERE in the USA! I mean come on! Ever been to Detroit? lol

I got all of those and more including

"You can't TELL people when to vacation" - from my dad (can you tell why we arent close? lol)

#39 AndreaD

AndreaD
                  • 28 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 09:47 AM

I received an e-mail message from a friend (if I can call her that) with some kind of excuse for not going to my wedding in Cancun because of her fears. I replied with a list of links for news stories from around the U.S. about violence and bad weather. Sadly, it wasn't hard to find 10 recent news stories about random acts of violence. I also included some from our state. I haven't heard back from her, so I figured that she got the point.

Looking back, I should have included a map indicating where Cancun is and where the violence that is making the news is occurring (to illustrate the distance). However, bad things can happen anywhere. Some places are riskier than others, but no place is immune.

Don't let these people get you down. The people who are going WANT to be there and WANT to have a good time!

#40 **Kat**

**Kat**
                    • 2,682 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:00 AM

That is awesome Andrea!! Well done!!! And my thoughts EXACTLY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users