Photo

Is this a crazy idea? Pls give your honest opinion.

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#11 *Meagan*

*Meagan*
  • 5,521 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:49 PM

Love it! Sounds awesome! Your guests will be thrilled!

#12 hat0112

hat0112
    • 1,219 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:52 PM

I think it is a great idea! I would love to see pictures if you decide to do it.
      Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#13 JanineA

JanineA
      • 2,482 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:52 PM

I think its a great idea. I saw it posted in something I was reading blissful events, or blissful weddings or something and I thought it sounded like such a creative and unique idea. The picture they showed was someone that used it for their vow renewals. I say go for it! It'll be fab and post pics of course!

#14 mrs*j*2011

mrs*j*2011
        • Banned
        • 206 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:41 PM

Okay, I'll be honest. I skimmed the first part of your post and thought you were thinking about doing this for your invitations...like, make a magazine of your relationship through the engagement and then announce the wedding date, location, etc at the end. And my first thought was eh...close family will love it, everyone else probaby not so much.

But...since you're actually talking about a thank you for everyone who actually attended your wedding, I think it's a great idea! Everyone who cared enough to travel to your wedding will certainly appreciate the effort you'll put into it, plus it's a great way to compile pictures for everyone to have and keep instead of throwing it away after a few weeks.

One thing you might want to include is a personalize note in each "magazine", specifically thanking the person/people for coming to your wedding and maybe even mention something specific that you did with them during the trip. I always prefer something personalized vs a generic "thanks for sharing our special day" note.
          ~~ Lea ~~
          January 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Royal Caribbean
          (honeymooning at Couples Negril)

http://dwdf.daisypath.com/xRI3m4.png

#15 simba1234

simba1234
          • 179 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:13 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by mrs*j*2011
            One thing you might want to include is a personalize note in each "magazine", specifically thanking the person/people for coming to your wedding and maybe even mention something specific that you did with them during the trip. I always prefer something personalized vs a generic "thanks for sharing our special day" note.
            Thanks everyone for all the feedback! I was a little hesitant at first but I asked people around my office and everyone thought it was a great idea plus after reading the feedback here I think I might go for it.

mrs*j*2011 ---I did think about your comment (above) and agree that I would like to include a personal note.

So here's what I was thinking of doing.... You know the page in real magazines where the editor usually writes a letter in each issue? I was going to leave a blank page in our 'wedding magazine' similar to that, and hand write a personal thank you note to each guest. That way it feels even more personalized.

#16 cinny726

cinny726
            • 55 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:09 PM

That is a great idea. I agree that most thank you cards you just glance at and throw away. I think your guests would love and cherish this. Don't forget to tell us what site you did it on and tips for making it great...and LOTS of PICS. =)
              C+J=LOVE

#17 vlynnw

vlynnw
              • 6,003 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:12 PM

I think it sounds like a great idea, and I think your guests would really enjoy it, plus it would help remind them of some of their own memories as well!
                Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#18 susanna.hanson

susanna.hanson
                • 79 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 04:56 PM

I think thats a great idea! I know I would want to receive a thank you like that!! Post some pics of what your thinking of doing!

#19 selassie11

selassie11
                  • 206 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:10 PM

This is AWESOME and if it doesn't break the bank (we're having close to 100 guests) I might just do the same!! Good luck!

#20 Thisisit2011

Thisisit2011
                    • 65 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:23 PM

Awesome idea! Please post pictures.
                      "Nobody minds having what is too good for them." Jane Austen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users