• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 hat0112

hat0112
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:50 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Oryx
    I just got one of those KOBO readers -- it's fantastic for the elliptical/treadmill. It is thin enough to fit on that little ledge of the machine and I don't have to worry about the pages moving or staying open. When I'm reading, I can easily forget that I'm exercising.
    That is a great idea! I love to read and I can read on the ellipitcal pretty good, but not the treadmill and I hate that I can't move my arms. Maybe I should look into it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Monique
    Usually a crow bar to pry myself off the couch and my 5 year old who is my hype man who tells me I can do it and tells me she will work out with me!!!
    LOL! That is so cute!
    Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#22 BecaJ

BecaJ
    • 75 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 07:55 AM

The thought of getting fat again makes me exercise. So far I've lost 2 and a half stone, or 35lbs just from doing an exercise DVD in my living room 3 times a week and counting calories. I tried going to the gym but once I got in from work going out again was the last thing I wanted to do so i never ended up going = waste of £250!!!

I thought I'd invest in an exercise DVD. So when I got in from work before I sat down I'd start the DVD so fast I didn't have time to think about whether I wanted to do it or not.

I must admit Im finding it hard at the moment because I am pretty happy with my body now but I want to lose that last 8lbs so Im completely happy.

I will have to work hard to shift the last bit so I don't want to do it now and then have to continue working really hard to keep it off for 8 months before the wedding, so I might just maintain my weight until closer to the big day I think.x

#23 loua4

loua4
      • 397 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:22 AM

I work out in the mornings. That way I havent just worked all day, and I can shower and get dressed after. Though there are a few days a week where I come home and work out after work too (just so that I dont have to get up to early) And in order to do the after work workout I just come home and do it. dont sit down and start to relax or start doing your chores, you will never do your workout. Plus think about how much better you will feel and look after you did it and after your wedding when you see all your hardwork in the pictures! That is my modivation.

Good luck!

#24 RunningBride24

RunningBride24
        • 539 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 11:06 AM

I agree, working out first thing helps me out. I'm an extreme morning person. I'm at work by 6-7am which means I'm at the gym around 3:30am. Also, I stay motivated by seeing the changes from my hard work. And from seeing someone overweight. I'm not judging them, I just know I would be miserable and uncomfortable to be that size, so that motivates me to keep in top shape.
          ~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

#25 Oryx

Oryx
          • 727 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:35 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by RunningBride24
            I agree, working out first thing helps me out. I'm an extreme morning person. I'm at work by 6-7am which means I'm at the gym around 3:30am. Also, I stay motivated by seeing the changes from my hard work. And from seeing someone overweight. I'm not judging them, I just know I would be miserable and uncomfortable to be that size, so that motivates me to keep in top shape.
            OMG, extreme morning person indeed! I can barely get out of bed for work. Good for you!

#26 lisa203

lisa203
            • 681 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:01 PM

I don't. I kinda just sit on the couch watching the wedding channel on while surfing this site. No bueno. I've got to get to a gym...

...tomorrow, lol!

#27 Jen1407

Jen1407
              • 393 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:36 AM

What motivates me to exercise is the picture I have in my head of myself in a bikini, not a pretty picture. Less than 6 months to go so I better get a move on. I have a date with gym on Monday!!

#28 Melaina

Melaina
                • 139 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 02:04 PM

I found a routine that seems to work for me... I listen to incredibly loud/upbeat music for 30 mins on the elliptical. Afterward, I "treat" myself to watching a TV show while riding the stationary bike. I get my hubby to download funny, 30 minute shows like 30 Rock, The Office or Modern Family -- funny enough to keep me interested, but no complicated plots that I need to really focus.

It's all about tricking myself into thinking that exercise is fun. (Cause we all know it's NOT!!!)

#29 ammorris17

ammorris17
                  • 161 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:19 PM

I have made it apart of my daily schedule. I also have a few workout buddies bc its always better to be in pain with others :) If I'm by myself I listen to Pandora (Lady Gaga is my favorite!)

#30 bmadzia1

bmadzia1
                    • 355 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:40 AM

Hi there.. I was in the same boat as you two years ago. My mom got me a gym membership etc, spent over 2 thousand on personal trainer... and NOTHING. Just like those late night commercials, I was sitting and eating some crap and watching shopping channel. I decided to order one of the beachbody cds.  Did the program (really had to motivate my self for 6 weeks, but I did it), and I lost only a few lbs, but 15 inches altogether. I was thrilled. I got another (different) cd, and did that one too. Another few pounds lost, and A LOT of inches. So I ordered another one! And got a puppy.

Two years later, I'm down 40lbs, and 7 pant sizes. It may not seem like a lot for 2 years, but I am so proud. I have 20lbs left till my Sept. 2011 wedding, and I hope I can do it. I have a basement dedicated to doing it. But if you don't have the space for exercise at home..... walk to the store, explore your neighbourhood. Now that Xmass is around the corner, use an excuse "I want to see the Xmass decorations in the hood" LOL... Just walking alone for 1 hr will burn off those extra calories.

I'm still stuck on having bad weeks - yes - weeks, not days... but I start feeling guilty and in my head, my ass is growning... so I get back on the horse.  When you live through the first few weeks, and lose a couple of inches/pounds - you'll start missing the exercise after skipping a few days.  Always imagine what you want to look like on yor wedding days.

I'll tell you my honest secret. I have a friend who has a nice body (not perfect), but nice. When I exercise, I imagine two things: My wedding dress on me, and looking better then her :))))))))))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users