Photo

Melia Caribe Tropical Question

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 famer2005

famer2005
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:50 PM

To all you lovely ladies who have been married or are getting married at the Melia Caribe Tropical, I have some questions that I hope you can help me with. I am wondering how easy it is to make changes to the set wedding packages? What types of things are they flexible about and what types of things are limited? Also, if you don't have the reception at the resort how does that affect the cost, if at all? Sorry for all the questions, but I am just getting started and I am really unsure of how the whole process works. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

#2 Ms.E

Ms.E
    • 7 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:56 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by famer2005
      To all you lovely ladies who have been married or are getting married at the Melia Caribe Tropical, I have some questions that I hope you can help me with. I am wondering how easy it is to make changes to the set wedding packages? What types of things are they flexible about and what types of things are limited? Also, if you don't have the reception at the resort how does that affect the cost, if at all? Sorry for all the questions, but I am just getting started and I am really unsure of how the whole process works. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
      Hey there!
      I am getting married Jan 2011 at the MCT in DR. We have sent in our deposit and contract but this was based on the 2009 packages, so I am not sure how flexible they are. (We did have some problems with the wire transfer for the deposit, I had posted this on another thread). Apparently I have until Jan 1 to get in all my details in.

I just received the 2010-2011 from my WC Heinicy today! It really is trial and error, but let me know if you have any questions and I will try to help :)

When is your wedding date?

Ms.E

#3 chrissytina924

chrissytina924
      • 145 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:21 PM

I am getting married there June 26th, 2010 and my coordinator told me that i cant change anything in my package.. if its in the package you can say you dont want it but they wont substitute it for anything else.. hope that helps
        Edward & Christina
        Melia Caribe Tropical
        Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
        June 26th, 2010

#4 angiepgh

angiepgh
        • 5 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:18 AM

I was at the Melia Tropical last month for vacation. I did witness a lot of weddings. The resort is very big and had a good time. If you have any questions about the resort feel free to message me.

#5 famer2005

famer2005
          • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:49 PM

Thanks everyone! I think we will be getting married in Nov 2011. Just starting talking to our travel agent and it actually looks like there is a wedding coordinator based in Ontario who coordinates everything wedding for all of the Melia resorts so hopefully this will make things easier.

Good luck to all of you with your planning!

#6 chrissytina924

chrissytina924
            • 145 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:37 PM

thats awesome.. wish i would have known that.. would have made my planning easier.. to late cause i leave in 2 days and we are getting married this saturday!!
              Edward & Christina
              Melia Caribe Tropical
              Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
              June 26th, 2010

#7 Ms.E

Ms.E
              • 7 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:10 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by chrissytina924
                thats awesome.. wish i would have known that.. would have made my planning easier.. to late cause i leave in 2 days and we are getting married this saturday!!
                Hey Christina!

That's too bad you couldn't change anything. Is it because it is so close to the wedding date

I hope you have an awesome trip! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back :)

Ms.E

#8 MichCraw

MichCraw
                • 369 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:12 PM

Hi,

I am also leaning towards the Melia Caribe for our wedding in Nov 2011 .. do you have the WD email address?? Have you gotten in touch with the travel agent that sets up everthing in TO? I'm in Quebec but would love any information you would have.

Thanks MIchele

#9 mich1011

mich1011
                  • 45 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:33 PM

To those that got married at Melia Tropical in Punta Cana. What time did you guys get married? I was hoping for a later time during the day. Or what did you guys choose to do?
                    I'm thinking of getting married there next year May or June 2011! Any response would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!!!

June 5, 2011 / Dreams Cancun / Bride & Groom + 67 guests booked! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users